cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pin box 5th Airborne 5th. wheel

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
I need information about my Pin Box 5th. Airborne 5th wheel hitch. How many (psi) of air should I use with my hitch? What psi is too low and what psi is too high?
thanks
9 REPLIES 9

timflood
Explorer
Explorer
95psi for me. I did find that if I put 70psi in it befor we hook up it will be 95psi when on
Tim & Brenda
2014 27-5L Arctic Fox
2018 King Ranch F350, 8 Ft Bed, 4x4
Stockton, Ca.

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
I have anywheres between 35-45 in air bag for ours. Right at fill line. 1900 pin
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
As BB_Tx stated, depends on the pin weight of your trailer. The bag has to be adjusted to your pin weight. When hooked up I have 100 lbs in mine which puts it at the fill to here line. My bag is in the center mounting location. You also want your 5th wheel hitch as close to level possible.
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport

jjj
Explorer
Explorer
I run 90-100 in mine with the bag slid up to the highest position at the 3200 lb. mark. I have about 3000 lb pin weight.
2002 F-350 Crew-Cab Dually
V-10-4.30 gears Mag-Hytec diff.cover
w/Amsoil-6.0 trans cooler Curt Q5 20K hitch & bedsaver
2005 Keystone Challenger 34TBH-Fifth Airbourn

Housted
Explorer III
Explorer III
85# in mine. Bought a small harbor freight compressor to fill when needed. The air bag has very little volume so does not take much. Have a 12v outlet in the landing gear bay as well as the back end of the pickup bed to power the compressor.

Housted
2019 Forrest River Forrester 3051S 2014 Honda CRV toad.
1000 W Solar, converted to 50 amp
400 Amps of LiFePO4,3000 Watt Inverter, Refer converted with JC refrigeration unit, Sofa replaced with 2 swivel chairs, over cab bed converted to TV mount and storage

samandtheduck
Explorer
Explorer
I hooked up to trailer and filled mine to the "fill to here " line. It needs to be topped up occasionally but most of the time it is hook up and go. Never checked the pressure.
Brian

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
It's going to depend on pin weight. Mine only takes about 60 psi to reach the fill to here line. Also, as I remember, you can move the air bag to different holes to account for a range of pin weights from light to heavy.

Definitely a good idea to check at the start of a new season and periodically afterward.

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
I put 80-90 in my trailair I didn't have enough in it after a long winter and when time to hook up and go I hit the box of truck with the electrical box. bent it up wasn't happy

netjam
Explorer
Explorer
Mine takes 125psi to hit the marks that say "fill to here". Called Reese to inquire and they said 125 was OK but don't go higher. I usually go 100-110 and needs to be filled every trip as it loses air. Would get non air hitch next time (had Mor ryde before which was great)....too much trouble always adding air.