cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Polaris Slingshot

Come-N-Go
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have a Polaris slingshot they carry? I have a 2011 Cyclone 3800 with a 12' garage. The slingshot is less than a foot longer than 12 foot, but I am thinking i can let the rear wheel and fender ride inside the sliding door to the garage. Thoughts?
6 REPLIES 6

Come-N-Go
Explorer
Explorer
I did not think about ground clearance, the frame is like 6" off the ground.....

Y-Guy
joebedford wrote:
Get a Smart - they're a shorter car.

Humm no comparison... I'd go with the Slingshot every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Get a Smart - they're a shorter car.

Y-Guy
What's ground clearance like? Are you going to bottom out at the top? Would you completely lose your traction?

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Bedlam
You may have traction issues backing up the ramp with only one drive wheel. A trick is to deflate the rear tire enough to get better traction.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

asullivan920
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like it would work. A few things I would look at is: is the door in the right area to allow you to get the rear wheel in there? Also I would make sure you can back it in far enough so that the tire isn't parked on the track for the door. Then I would put a piece of carpet soft side down under the back tire. I do that with my quads. I don't have a garage so they are parked inside and started to leave rubber marks on the floor. I would also do something to keep the slider open so it wouldn't shift while traveling (maybe a 1x1 piece of board laid down in the track). Lastly make sure you tie it down good.
2017 Ram 3500 Laramie crew cab shortbed 6.7 Cummins
2013 Rubicon 1905 toy hauler