cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Purchasing from a distant dealer

Hedgehog
Explorer
Explorer
We have a dealership that is 45 minutes from our house that we were looking at purchasing a brand new ordered fifthwheel from. This would be my third rig from this dealership. Well, today we went to a dealership 2 and a half hours away that had the same fifthwheel we are looking to order. I just wanted to see it before I ordered it from the local dealer. Well, the dealer that has a 2015 model of the unit I want to order gave me a price of $4800 cheaper than the ordered 2016 locally. So to be fair, I asked for a quote on a identical ordered unit from them. It came in $3300 cheaper. the local dealer keeps blaming the thorough service and a lifetime warranty on all there units for there higher price. After warranty, I do my own repairs for the most part. Would you buy local or save $$ and buy further away?
79 REPLIES 79

Sport45
Explorer
Explorer
As long as he's not using an Andersen Ultimate he'll be fine...
โ€™19 F350 SRW CCLB PSD Fx4
'00 F250, CC SWB 4x2, V-10 3.73LS. (sold)
'83 F100 SWB 4x2, 302 AOD 3.55. (parked)
'05 GMC Envoy 4x2 4.2 3.73L.
'12 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
'15 Cherokee Trailhawk

taken
Explorer
Explorer
Throw in the word "Tundra" and watch it all go to hell...
Regards, Rodney
TV - 2017 F350 SRW CC SB 4X4 6.7
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't forget to comment on his choice of tires!
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

taken
Explorer
Explorer
austinjenna wrote:
Cant we just stick to topics that cant possible cause any controversy? Okay I will kick it off. What do you guys think about me camping at walmart lots while traveling with my propane on.

LOL! Depends of whether you're wearing your seatbelt and/or towing with a DRW truck. Oh, and is the TV gas or diesel and what brand?
Regards, Rodney
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
Cant we just stick to topics that cant possible cause any controversy? Okay I will kick it off. What do you guys think about me camping at walmart lots while traveling with my propane on.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

taken
Explorer
Explorer
face_down wrote:
taken wrote:

Def don't want to and will NEVER spend it all. My original post about buying many new rigs was only to point out that I've dealt with warranty many times whether bought local or distant. Not to brag in any way. It was the insecurity of a few that started flaming my purchases as foolish that brought the current state of the thread. I'll stop responding when others stop flaming... :W

Haters are going to hate...don't let them get you down!

LOL, never! It's fun watching them try though...
Regards, Rodney
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

face_down
Explorer
Explorer
taken wrote:

Def don't want to and will NEVER spend it all. My original post about buying many new rigs was only to point out that I've dealt with warranty many times whether bought local or distant. Not to brag in any way. It was the insecurity of a few that started flaming my purchases as foolish that brought the current state of the thread. I'll stop responding when others stop flaming... :W

Haters are going to hate...don't let them get you down!
2016 Keystone Carbon 357
2006 Ford F350 4X4 CC/LB/DRW (aka Big Sexy)
Reese 20K Goose Box - Draw-Tite Remove-a-Ball

taken
Explorer
Explorer
C-Bears wrote:
Okay Rodney, aka Taken, we get it that you have a couple bucks and want to spend it all. How about we move on to something else. I am sure this isn't helping the original poster decide anything about purchasing his RV.

Regards, Rodney
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

C-Bears
Explorer
Explorer
Okay Rodney, aka Taken, we get it that you have a couple bucks and want to spend it all. How about we move on to something else. I am sure this isn't helping the original poster decide anything about purchasing his RV.
2014 Montana 3725RL (Goodyear G614 Tires, Flow Thru TPMS)

SPENDING THE WINTERS AT OUR HOME IN SW FLORIDA. THE REST OF THE YEAR SEEING THE U.S. FROM OUR LIVING ROOM WINDOW!

taken
Explorer
Explorer
Dtank wrote:
Lantley wrote:
taken wrote:
Lantley wrote:
taken wrote:
PS: it wasn't foolish. Just can afford it and love new things. Also four different brands and four different dealers so no one bending over backward over anything... It's tough when your theories don't wash eh?

I think we have different definitions of foolish.

Well then, to me, your definition of foolish is foolish if you think being able to afford new vehicles is foolish. I guess what I would consider foolish is not making the right life decisions to put yourself in a position to be my kind of foolish... :W

Yes it is certainly possible to have more money than good sense.

"YES IT IS CERTAINLY POSSIBLE TO HAVE MORE MONEY THAN GOOD SENSE"

Yeah that statement is already "taken" (LOL) -but worth repeating -
......along with "a fool and his money are soon parted", and "if the shoe fits......, etc.".;)

Jealousy is not something you want to show in such an obvious way.
However, since you'd like to reopen the matter, why is it you have an RV? There is not need whatsoever to go RVing. It would be much more prudent to stay home and save all the money spent on the RV, tow vehicle, items to be used in the RV, travel expenses, campground fees, fuel costs, insurance, etc. None of these things are necessary for a happy healthy life and yet you spend on them all so you too are a fool if it is the act of spending that makes one a fool. Having more and spending more does not a fool make. We all spend according to our position and I spend no more than you relatively so when you describe my spending, you are describing you own. Oh, and since spending on luxury items makes one a fool, please remember to live in an apartment, take public transportation, use a landline phone, watch over the air tv, etc. as any other way of living is excessive and foolish.

Now, you go give that fool in the mirror a good talking to about shoes, fools, and sense. Mention the jealousy too as that makes him look very sad and small.

As to my user name, many years ago when I tried to join my first forum, every handle I tried came back with the same automated message. "The username you are trying to register has already been taken." So, I went with "taken" and have on every forum since. I also put my real name right in my signature line. I'm Rodney. A pleasure to meet you "Dtank."
Regards, Rodney
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
taken wrote:
Lantley wrote:
taken wrote:
PS: it wasn't foolish. Just can afford it and love new things. Also four different brands and four different dealers so no one bending over backward over anything... It's tough when your theories don't wash eh?

I think we have different definitions of foolish.

Well then, to me, your definition of foolish is foolish if you think being able to afford new vehicles is foolish. I guess what I would consider foolish is not making the right life decisions to put yourself in a position to be my kind of foolish... :W

Yes it is certainly possible to have more money than good sense.

"YES IT IS CERTAINLY POSSIBLE TO HAVE MORE MONEY THAN GOOD SENSE"

Yeah that statement is already "taken" (LOL) -but worth repeating -
......along with "a fool and his money are soon parted", and "if the shoe fits......, etc.".;)

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Sadly this topic has eroded into a pissing contest. That is not what this forum is about. For my part I'll let it rest.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

taken
Explorer
Explorer
Duck wrote:
WOW, a pissing contest!
Don