cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rain-X in shower?

BillyandKris
Explorer
Explorer
Our new fifth wheel will have a dark colored shower. It is beautiful, but I am worried about water spots when you have hardwater source. We use a squeegee, but maybe will have to use a towel to dry walls also. Read to use Pledge on the walls. Wonder about using Rain-X? Just on the walls of course. Pledge, Rain-X??? Opinions welcomed.
23 REPLIES 23

BillyandKris
Explorer
Explorer
WOW. All great ideas. Agesilaus, which dept. in the store was the interior Rain-X? Like the eyeglasses idea. Going to the Dollar Tree on Tuesday.

rockintom
Explorer
Explorer
We simply use "Shower Clean" and spray down all walls after our showers. It is available from Dollar Tree in the back wall of the store. Cost is $1.00. With that we have no water spots or mold at all. I will give the shower a good off fashion scrubbing about once every quarter, just to clean it. We've done this on all of our rigs as we've FTed for 10 years. HTHs rockin'
Rockintom
'12 Excel Limited GKE 33 ft., trailer named "Charm"
'14 1 ton Chevy DRW D/A Reese 20K hitch Fold-A-Cover bedcover - truck named "Bullet" Fulltiming since 2005

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
I saw a bottle of RainX Interior at the store the other day. Meant for bathroom showers and such. I don't know how it is different than the usual RainX.

As an aside I was getting a bottle of RainX to try a trick I saw for eyeglasses. You can treat your glasses with RainX and it will cover those tiny scratches that the get after being used for a year or so. It seems to work, probably have to reapply it every 5-7 days.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

WeBeFulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
Nutinelse2do wrote:
I use a coat of car wax on our shower. It has a medium brown surround. After 5-6 showers I just reapply another coat. Do the same on the toilet bowl, usually 1-2 x a month.

You need a new hobby!
2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW ** CURT Q24 ** 2018.5 MONTANA 3791RD

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
In answer to your question: Never tried it but I think it is a great idea!

Make sure the walls are clean and super dry before applying.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

badboy368
Explorer
Explorer
303 shower spray.... best stuff in the world ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
40' pusher,350 turbo cat, pullin a 37' trailer haulin a drag car. oh yea baby

USARMYCW
Explorer
Explorer
I wipe everything down with a towel after each shower or use of the sink. Keeps the scum from starting to collect.

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
I use a coat of car wax on our shower. It has a medium brown surround. After 5-6 showers I just reapply another coat. Do the same on the toilet bowl, usually 1-2 x a month.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
If Pledge gets on the floor it will make the floor dangerously slippery. I don't know about Rain-X.
I would stick with the squeegee and maybe wipe it down with a towel.
I don't do anything but rinse the shower walls after my shower and have never had any spot problems. Maybe I have just not found any hard water in my travels.
๐Ÿ™‚
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad