Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raptor 332TS

crash32
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Everyone

We are currently looking at new 2014 Raptor 332TS and the Cyclone 3110 HD.
I was wondering if anyone has been in a Raptor. Where we are located no one has one close to us. I was wondering what the floor is like on the Raptor beside the bed on the front side of the trailer. It looks like the floor is on an angle from the pictures. Also from what we can tell it seems the Raptor has more storage cupboards in the kitchen are than the Cyclone. I now every trailer has its issues but how is the build quality from the Raptor to the Cyclone.
Also what would be the best fifth wheel hitch to go with. I know we need a sliding one but we want to be able to take it out of the truck easily when not needed.

If someone has a Raptor 332TS could you tell us what you like and dislike about it.

Thanks for all the help
We are just trying to find out as much information on both units form we pull the trigger and spend a load of money on a unit we plan on keeping for a long time.

Thanks again
8 REPLIES 8

pigpen1003
Explorer
Explorer
We have one and love most of it. 12' garage fits a 4 seater rzr 800 with 2 inches to spare. 2014 had it for 4 months and r still having the warrenty work on it. Gen did not work, water heater elec element was def. auto level had poping sound, etc. all is fixed now with warrenty work. just a headache being down so long. I have a 3/4 ton gmc pulls good on straite aways. slow up hill agout 45 miles an hour.

camp_nut
Explorer
Explorer
I really like our cyclone. It has been the best camping unit thus far (outside of a colman pop up) Quality seems to be better then all other we have had. Maybe we got lucky with this one but I think you'll be happy. The 10' box isn't a problem for us we use it for bikes more then anything. As for hitch we have a reese pro slider. Only used the slider once in 7 years. And that was a pain. I had to remove the tail gate because the plastic cover on the pin box hit the tailgate. Then I couldn't turn 90 anyway because hit the bed rails. With the extended pin boxes I feel the slider is a waste. I have mine for sale.
2011 3010 Cyclone
With a MegaCab CTD out front.

St. Clair MI

Bombfixer
Explorer
Explorer
I looked really close at the Raptor 332 last summer. But I ended up buying a Raptor 365 instead. The 332 had everything we needed, but DW decided she liked the love seat and dinette in the 365 over the couch in the 332. We also gained a 1/2 bath in the garage with the 365. I found that in close comparison, Keystone units meet my needs better than Heartland units IMHO.

Trailin_It
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at the 332 raptor. Nice coach the window above the bed was a little odd to us also if I remember correctly the floor on one side of the bed is higher and makes it to where I couldn't stand up straight. We ended up buying a fuzion (both owned by keystone). We probably would have looked closed at the raptor but didn't get a warm n fuzzy feeling from our local dealer. We ruled out the 3110 cyclone due to it only being a 10' garage.
2014 Allegro 35QBA
Camping buddies are
My Wife
Emma 8
Sophie 4
Bentley 6 months
1 Newfoundland

mdamerell
Explorer
Explorer
crash32 wrote:
Hello Everyone

We are currently looking at new 2014 Raptor 332TS and the Cyclone 3110 HD.

Also what would be the best fifth wheel hitch to go with. I know we need a sliding one but we want to be able to take it out of the truck easily when not needed.

If you have the 6.5' bed both units have the recessed corners on the front so you probably won't even need the slider hitch. If your truck has the gooseneck factory hitch or 5th wheel package there are several hitches that are easily removed when not needed. B&W Companion being very popular.
2012 Sundance 3100RB w/Reese Goose Box
2004 Ford F350 6.0 L PSD, CC, DRW, long bed, B&W drop ball hitch, Firestone Ride-rite air bags.

crash32
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry I didn't change my signature but i no long have that truck.
This is not about weight policing but more about the questions I have asked.

Still looking for some input on the original questions.

Thanks

lightfoot
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you really have a 1500, no matter what brand, you will be way over the GVWR. Check your door piler on the truck and see what your max weights are. If you need the towing specs, try checking Trailer Life's towing guides. They will give you a good start.
USN EN2
2012 Ford F250 SC, 6.7L TD
2015 Voltage 3200
2004 Honda GL1800 Reverse Trike

mdamerell
Explorer
Explorer
Raptor 332TS is a 16,000# GVWR trailer with a dry pin of 3230# (22% by their numbers). The Cyclone 3110 HD is also in the same ball park. You show a 1500 RAM in your signature. I think you should be more interested in a bigger truck than a slider hitch. You're in RAM 3500 territory.
2012 Sundance 3100RB w/Reese Goose Box
2004 Ford F350 6.0 L PSD, CC, DRW, long bed, B&W drop ball hitch, Firestone Ride-rite air bags.