tbritt580
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone make these floorplans??
52 REPLIES 52

SH
Explorer
Explorer
No point...just sharing another RK picture.
2001 Alpenlite 35RK
2007.5 Chev LMM Duramax/Allison
BD Variable Vane Turbo Brake
TST 507
2010 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic Red Hot Sunglo ๐Ÿ™‚

EMD_DRIVER
Explorer
Explorer
When we stated looking to replace our Sunline, my wife let me know that she preferred a RK. We found this Excel 30RKE and love it. I've only towed it 550 miles, but nothing was out of place when we got home!

2007 Excel 30RKE fifth wheel
2011 Ford F250 6.7l

crcr
Explorer
Explorer
dave17352 wrote:
chevor wrote:
Make sure the turntable is out of the microwave before you travel. I have shattered a few of those falling out during transit. The factory now puts them in a bottom drawer for travel.

Yes I agree. I had one microwave that I believe was ruined by the vibration on the turntable mount. Now it is on my list of things to do before traveling.

I guess that's a good precaution, but we're on our second rear kitchen trailer now, have never done that, and have never sustained any damage to the microwave and hasn't ever come open.

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
chevor wrote:
Make sure the turntable is out of the microwave before you travel. I have shattered a few of those falling out during transit. The factory now puts them in a bottom drawer for travel.

Yes I agree. I had one microwave that I believe was ruined by the vibration on the turntable mount. Now it is on my list of things to do before traveling.
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!

chevor
Explorer
Explorer

Curly2001
Explorer II
Explorer II
We really like our rear kitchen Sundance. It gives us plenty of space to work in and it feels like it's a separate room from where the couch and the chairs are. I have had nothing broken as of yet and we love the counterspace.
2019 Chev. Double cab 2500HD, 6.0, 4:10 diffs, six speed auto
2013 Heartland Sundance XLT 265RK

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
My current old '97 5er is a 28' RK with a bed room and super slide. Having pulled this trailer for over 100k miles never a broken dish or anything in the rear of the unit. We've been on rough roads that broke the black tank drain fitting.
Another trip and different road broke part of the AC ducting.

A previous 27' RK with a super slide had no broken dish issues either.
Both trailers came with shocks that worked.

Now we did have a new '84 Aljo 5th wheel trailer with a rear bath that would unload the rear cabinets on just about every tripo. This unit had no shocks.

Both of my area rv dealers have said its a toss up between the RL and the RK which one sells better.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
Good suspension is everything! Our RK does as well or better than any CK we've had but a friends RK breaks something every trip. I doubt if I'd have an RK that wasn't ordered with some kind of suspension upgrade. The first owner of ours ordered it right. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

jalichty
Explorer
Explorer
I shied away from a rear kitchen due to the viewing angle for the television. I was looking at "light" ones and they generally had only one chair to accompany the couch and they were both to the side of the television. Now, the bigger, longer ones aren't necessarily that way, but the "lighter" ones were. I have never had a rear kitchen, but would not shy away from it if the viewing angles were ok. Although I do like the ability to look out the back window of my FW rear living rv.
John A. Lichty

goukcats
Explorer
Explorer
As many others have stated the RK is not an issue & there are several offerings. Our previous 5er was a RK & we almost got the Columbus 340RK when we purchased our C-320RS earlier this year. Buy the overall floor plan & brand, with features that best meet your personal needs; & enjoy.
Wayne & Sheryl
Plus Ollie & Sophie
(they don't know they're dogs)
2011 Ram Laramie 2500 CC 4X4 6.7 Cummins
2015 Columbus 320

"Where ever you go, there you are" Buckaroo Banzai

GON2SKI
Explorer
Explorer
Our length is 29 foot and love the rear kitchen with the fridge available even with the slide in for grabbing a bite at rest stop or pulling off the road. No problems with toppled goods. luv'n it!
2014 Arctic Fox 27-5L 5.5 Onan propane, 4pt AutoLevel, RearCam, Central Vacuum Bridgestone R250's tires
2002 F350 Power Stroke Diesel 4x4 CC SRW SB Chipped, Toyo Tuff HT tires
DW and 2 Bull Terriers

Here For A Good Time.... Not For A Long Time

tbritt580
Explorer
Explorer
Boy thanks for all the inputs...we had a 303RK Lacrosse TT and loved it...checking on a 33RK Big Horn hope it pans out.:)

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
The only time we ever lost a thing with a RK was hitting the biggest freaking RR track bump in the world. At 50mph. My wife would leave me for a rear kitchen haha. We love our Jayco 345BHS, but the counter space is terrible. I built a shelf that helps, but still...........
Puma 30RKSS

wclement1248
Explorer
Explorer
We love our KZ Stoneridge 36RK. Floor plan makes it seem like a small condo and with counter instead of table, there is plenty of room.

WeBeFulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
Never a problem with our Montana rk. Love it!
2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW ** CURT Q24 ** 2018.5 MONTANA 3791RD