Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone make these floorplans??
52 REPLIES 52

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
spindrift wrote:
OK...most of you folks have said they didn't experience any problems with things bouncing. Is there anything you regret and/or are disappointed by with your decision to go with the RK?

If you *really* want answers, start a new thread!..:W

Try something like.......

"Unhappy Rear Kitchen OWNERS"

Then, in the post along with the thread title, your question:
"Is there anything you regret and/or are disappointed by with your decision to go with a rear kitchen?"

:C

SH
Explorer
Explorer
No regrets to date. We have had the rear living picture window and on occasion it was nice but over the years we encountered few parks where there was that great of a rear view anyway. Our RK has a fairly large window in the back still allowing us to enjoy what view might exist. DW loves the room in the RK. Don't see us moving back to a RL or CK anytime soon.
2001 Alpenlite 35RK
2007.5 Chev LMM Duramax/Allison
BD Variable Vane Turbo Brake
TST 507
2010 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic Red Hot Sunglo ๐Ÿ™‚

AZ_T_T
Explorer
Explorer
spindrift wrote:
OK...most of you folks have said they didn't experience any problems with things bouncing. Is there anything you regret and/or are disappointed by with your decision to go with the RK?

Nothing here I regret!! One thing that could be an issue for some folks is the placement of the large window. We rarely go into RV parks so we enjoy having our big window look out the side, but if we are in a RV park we are looking at the trailer next to us.
AZ T&T
2012 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 29.5RKS
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch - Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
Honda EU2000i Generator

spindrift
Explorer
Explorer
'12 F350 KR CC DRW, with some stuff.
Redwood 36FL

goodwin297
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2015 Bay Hill 340RK. No problems with anything bouncing around. My Keurig and kitchen tool crock ride just fine. I love our rear kitchen.

Full-Time RVers since 6/16/2012

Our home:2015 Evergreen Bay Hill 340RK
2014 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7 Cummins Diesel Crew Cab
Doggies - Molli, Indi and Louie

bigmichael
Explorer
Explorer
We also have a rear kitchen with windows all across the rear above the sink and counters. Same as the one that is posted, also an EXCEL, just larger than EMD's.

This is our 3rd fiver, but our first rear kitchen. We absolutely love the room. The rig also has two entry doors, with the rear one entering directly into the kitchen area. This makes it very convenient for taking in grocerys, or bringing apps, drinks, or meals outside at happy hour. We didn't want to give up the rear windows-this was the best of both worlds.
2014 F350 Lariat
2013 Excel 36 RKM
Sir Reginald the cat who lets Big Mike and Jean travel with him

SSN609
Explorer
Explorer
My previous 5er was a rear kitchen, so I've had rear and middle kitchen's. I didn't like a couple of things on it. First, my trailer had carpet (in the living area) between the door and the kitchen. So when we cooked out at the lake we drug a lot of dirt and stuff onto the carpet bringing food outside. Second, my slides blocked access to the kitchen when the slides were in, so loading food was a pain. As far as the benefits of non-rear kitchen's, I currently have large windows on the rear and both sides of the trailer. That gives me a great view of the lake in most cases. The kitchen area (with no window) just blocks a view of the hookups (so we are ok there). I do like the rear kitchen that one member posted that has windows in it (very nice). In the end it depends on the owners personal opinions and the specific RV layout. Good luck!

ours
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Cedar Creek 5th wheels. They have the Silverback and there is a rear K in the new models. It looks very nice and leaves a lot of room in the living section.
Enjoy

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
In the FWIW dept. I don't have a rear kitchen but stuff moved around on the counter. I put a new set of tires on and had them balanced and now nothing moves. I have a desk in the rear that I leave stuff on and it doesn't move, but it's all unbreakable just in case,,,,GRIN.
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

EMD_DRIVER
Explorer
Explorer
laknox wrote:

Wow! That's the first RK I've seen that didn't look like you were in a cave in the rear-end. That's my wife's biggest issue with the RK. She loves her big picture window.

Lyle

Thanks.. The windows got a huge thumbs up from my bride!
2007 Excel 30RKE fifth wheel
2011 Ford F250 6.7l

RBabb
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for rerear kitchens riding rough. Things always moved around and occasionally broke. Farther forward the better the ride.
08 Ram 3500 Big Horn, DRW, Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, 6.7 CTD, 6sp Auto, B&W Companion, Prodigy Controller

08 Ram 2500 Big Horn, SRW, Crew Cab, short Bed, 4x4, 6.7 ctd

01 NUWA 39SUT Packrat, 40' Toy hauler- sold
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 36c

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
EMD_DRIVER wrote:
When we stated looking to replace our Sunline, my wife let me know that she preferred a RK. We found this Excel 30RKE and love it. I've only towed it 550 miles, but nothing was out of place when we got home!

Wow! That's the first RK I've seen that didn't look like you were in a cave in the rear-end. That's my wife's biggest issue with the RK. She loves her big picture window.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

SH
Explorer
Explorer
jnharley wrote:
If you ever plan to travel to Alaska, I would avoid getting a rear kitchen. We never had any issues with anything moving in our 5th wheel in the lower 48 but we had plenty of trouble on our journey to Alaska. We have Moryde IS Suspension (not a rear kitchen) and drove very conservatively and we had things bounce out of cabinets and move around that never moved before even on the worst roads in the lower 48. We finally had to screw the rear sofa to the floor and also the dining table. We met an RVer who lives in Fairbanks and his RV has a rear kitchen. He said he had to pack up his entire kitchen before taking out his RV. That would be the only reason I would not consider a rear kitchen. The counter space is awesome.

Good friend had the same issue with his center kitchen...even bent an axle! Had to replace the refer along the route and one tire. Alaska roads can be hard on RV's :E
2001 Alpenlite 35RK
2007.5 Chev LMM Duramax/Allison
BD Variable Vane Turbo Brake
TST 507
2010 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic Red Hot Sunglo ๐Ÿ™‚

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
If you ever plan to travel to Alaska, I would avoid getting a rear kitchen. We never had any issues with anything moving in our 5th wheel in the lower 48 but we had plenty of trouble on our journey to Alaska. We have Moryde IS Suspension (not a rear kitchen) and drove very conservatively and we had things bounce out of cabinets and move around that never moved before even on the worst roads in the lower 48. We finally had to screw the rear sofa to the floor and also the dining table. We met an RVer who lives in Fairbanks and his RV has a rear kitchen. He said he had to pack up his entire kitchen before taking out his RV. That would be the only reason I would not consider a rear kitchen. The counter space is awesome.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK