cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rear stabilizer motor only works in retracting.

Duke-44
Explorer
Explorer
I tried to extend the rear elec. jacks and the motor did not even make a sound. But, when I pushed the switch the other way the motor tightened the jacks closer to the frame. Any Ideas?
5 REPLIES 5

Duke-44
Explorer
Explorer
aruba5er wrote:
it's the switch. DC motor and you reverse the polarity. may be just dirty contacts and by working them may clean up a bit

Thanks Aruba.
I actually posted this problem after I fixed it. I wanted to see what others would come up with for the fix and it WAS just dirty, corroded contacts on the switch. After I cleaned them up with a wire brush and covered them with electrical tape it worked just like new.
The wet, dirty mud had been splashed on them. There was nothing preventing them from getting sprayed from wet tires.

sleekcrafter
Explorer II
Explorer II
May be a simple fix, one of the wires came loose off the switch, or switch is bad.
2001 7.3L F350 CC SB DRW BTS auto, Elkhorn 11X TC, 31 Jayco Designer, 1979 Belco Tunnel Dragster DragBoat

aruba5er
Explorer
Explorer
it's the switch. DC motor and you reverse the polarity. may be just dirty contacts and by working them may clean up a bit

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Mine did that at the beginning of the summer. I cycled the switch b oth ways several times and it started working fine and has since. Not sure if it was the switch of the motor. Good luck.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

Mmwtdh
Explorer
Explorer
Switch maybe... Pull switch and reverse the load wires and see if extend works but now retract doesn't.