cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Redwood Keyless entry pad not working

rheo1
Explorer
Explorer
I changed out the battery on the keypad, and sometimes it works, and sometimes it don't. Does anyone know where to buy a replacement keypad? I've opened it up to replace the battery, everything looks fine.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Rheo1
11 REPLIES 11

rheo1
Explorer
Explorer
That idea was helpful!! That site is blocked from where I work, and busy with kids after work mostly. I was just looking for quick ideas from someone who had the same issue!!
Rheo1

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
You are missing something - the manual! Get it off the internet. These aren't rocket science.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

rheo1
Explorer
Explorer
So I pulled the handle apart. There were no batteries, all I cound find when I removed the lock was a 12v small actuator motor under the handle assembly that locks/unlocks the deadbolt.
I checked around the door frame, and I couldn't see anywhere for where the batteries could be behind. I think I'm missing something very simple here.
Anymore ideas would be very helpful.
thanks
Rheo1

rheo1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the info. I'll be busy after work today. Hopefully I can get it fixed soon.
Rheo1

SkipnPatty
Explorer
Explorer
Ours is a 2013 with Rv Lock. It has been super reliable using the FOBs, replacement keypad has been good so far. Good luck.
Skip-n-Patty

2013 Redwood 36RL

2011 Dodge 3500 Bighorn SLT, CC, Cummins 6.7, SRW, 4x4.

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
There were two types used by Redwood:

Early years typically 2011-2012 (teardrop style with key fob)

RV Lock

Later years 2013-current (without remote)

Bauer keyless entry system

Neither are great products, so carry a key ๐Ÿ™‚

You can download the manuals for them at each site, or we keep the manuals on the Redwood site at www.redwoodrvowners.com if you aren't a member already.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

SkipnPatty
Explorer
Explorer
The battery location for the door handle is inside. If you pull the handle, you will see two phillips screws. The batteries are in there. The keypad attached to the wall of the rig is the one they replaced for me. It is stuck on there with double sided tape. The new one seems to have a better seal on the watch battery tray. Call rvlock, they are great to work with and stand behind their locks. Good luck.
Skip-n-Patty

2013 Redwood 36RL

rheo1
Explorer
Explorer
SkipnPatty, it's 2012RL. I will check the door handle batterries later. Are the batterries located inside the door or on the outside? If they are low, will they not allow the keypad to light up?
Rheo1

SkipnPatty
Explorer
Explorer
If it is the same as ours, you didn't say what year, it was replaced for free by Rv Lock. rvlock.com
If an Rvlock keypad, there are also batteries in the door lock itself. Two screws for the handle and 4 AA batteries.
Skip-n-Patty

2013 Redwood 36RL

rheo1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, is there a keypad for specific type lock? I'll see what type I have.
Rheo1

bakedalaskan1
Explorer
Explorer
Try this kink.

http://www.poplocks.com/keypads.html

Good luck