cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roof vent

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
when we picked our 2001 cardinal up and I got it home, noticed it had no vent covers. lucky it was always stored indoors. I grabbed some juice containers and cut the bottom out. got some dicor and sealed it until I got the vents ordered. put them on and no worry now.
somehow I ended up with 6 and only used 3. if anyone wants them pay shipping.

BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife 🙂
7 REPLIES 7

Yeti_plus
Explorer
Explorer
Good catch.
The camper is pretty tall and low hanging branches took 3 of the push in replacement caps. I was in a RV dealer and the customer ahead of me was buying a metal vent cover. I didn't know they were out there, so I ended up with one as well. Into its second year on the roof and it has some dings, but it is still there. Metal wasn't much more than plastic, but should last longer.
Water getting into tank in freezing climates is not a good thing.
Brian
2014 Chevrolet 3500 CC 4X4 Duramax, Tork Lift Tiedowns, TorkLift Fastguns, Superhitch and supertruss
2009 Jayco 213 SOLD
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
Mr. Aruba
it wasn't just the cover, the whole unit was broken, so if it would have rained the rain would have been able to get into the roof wood area. I did take a hard look, and it would have been a disaster.
sorry if I wasted you time posting
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife 🙂

mikebte
Explorer
Explorer
Good catch, I like the bottle mod you did, good thinking.

I can see how water could get in and make some real issues if its open.

I painted mine with clear coat paint. Gives a little longer life to the plastic that gets eaten by the sun.

aruba5er
Explorer
Explorer
so if water got into them the water would go into the tank they vent. So, are you expecting that much rain. Waste of time IMO

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
Smart solution on the temporary cover. I knocked off a Jack Antenna a few years back. A gallon zip lock bag and duct tape kept the rain out.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would hang on to the extras. They degrade rather quickly in the sun so you will need them in the next few years.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

Grandpere
Explorer
Explorer
Very wise of you to check the roof and find that problem. I like the ingenuity of using juice bottles to over the vents till you got the caps ordered and installed. A definite kudos for that one.
Berniece & Russell Johnson
Lil'Bit, a Netherland Dwarf Rabbit
1987 Southwind
1995 Ford F150 Supercab

Life in the fast lane? No thanks, we will stop and smell the flowers at every opportuity