cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Screw Loose

Bighorns
Explorer
Explorer
Have any of you had a screw pop loose in your flooring. I have one that came loose in the kitchen area. You could see it pushing the linoleum up. I made a small slit in the linoleum so that I could try to tighten it. The threads are stripped out and it will not tighten back in. The screw is approximately 5 inches long. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
2011 Duramax 3500HD Dually
2012 Keystone Cougar 330RBK
6 REPLIES 6

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
My thought would be to check to see first if the screw missed the under studding and never got a grip on anything in the first place.

Why glue another in if it is hanging in the air?

VTLee
Explorer
Explorer
Bighorns wrote:
Have any of you had a screw pop loose.

Most of us who have spent the money buying a 5th wheel have a screw loose.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
golf_bears wrote:
Remove the screw, drop some wood glue down the screw hole, stick a tooth pick or two down the hole, put screw back in and snug it up. It will stay in for a long time, longer than you'll own the RV.

Simple & effective
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

golf_bears
Explorer
Explorer
Remove the screw, drop some wood glue down the screw hole, stick a tooth pick or two down the hole, put screw back in and snug it up. It will stay in for a long time, longer than you'll own the RV.

Mike_LeClair
Explorer
Explorer
We had the same event. In the cupboard under the galley sink. Lifted the lino right up so we had to slice it to expose the screw head. It was not stripped and tightened up nicely. We glued the lino back down and it seems to be holding up fine so far. I never did figure out what was on the receiving end of the screw due to coroplast and all.

Mike
Something Old, Something New
2012 F350 SRW, 6.7l Powerstroke, 3.55's front and rear.
2008 Fleetwood Regal 325RKTS
Mike, Carol and our 4 legged "furry child" Kenzie Shweenie Tod

KSadler1
Explorer
Explorer
See if you can get a small set of vice grips on it and unscrew it all the way out. You may have to make the cut in the linoleum a little longer but as long as you don't tear it or stretch it too much, you can glue it back down. You can replace the old screw with a little bigger screw it you need to. Take your time and it should not be noticeable.....
2008 Ford F250 XLT Super Duty SB Crew Cab 6.8L V-10 4x4 4:10
(former 5er owner)