cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps recommendations

gmittan
Explorer
Explorer
We are the new owners of a Reflection 303 RLS 5th wheel. Due to recent health setbacks affecting my left leg, back, etc. (as well as our old Lab's struggles with steps) I've been looking at steps that provide easier access. So far we like the RV-CO steps (maybe their porch later when we start taking more extended trips next year). Does anyone have comments/recommendations for providing stable and easier access steps?
Thanks all
21 REPLIES 21

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
gmittan, I think you have the best idea so far, the platform at the top will be a big help. Just removing a little movement and increasing the angle, like the other brands mentioned, still makes you back down to open the door.

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
I’ve yet to have a day I haven’t loved our Torklift Glowsteps. I debated for a while between these and MorRydes Step Above, deciding on Torkllifts since being in a place of limited clearances I can unfold them and safely get in our rig.

We store our rig, one time when I was out to put some things in it a check on it the boat next to us was so close I couldn’t get the door open. With MorRyde Steps I wouldn’t have been above to get inside. With Torklifts I could partially pull unfold them and get inside.

With limited mobility you can easily add another step if needed to help.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

Pipeman
Explorer
Explorer
Torklift glo step for us also. My wife has had both hips and knees replaced and these steps offer a safe and steady step for her. They offer a longer hand rail also but my wife said the one we have is OK.
Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
35 year Fire Fighter(retired)
VE3PJF

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
Torklift.com Glowstep Revolution. Fantastic.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
I second the Glo steps.

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Torklift Glowsteps.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian