cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions on reputable 5th wheel toy hauler

ExitStategy
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are semi retiring and have been researching full time RVing. We thought we had our toy hauler selection narrowed to grand design momentum or keystone Montana. After reading several negative reviews on their poor quality and terrible support, we are back to square one. Can i get opinions on
Quality 5th wheel toy haulers?
19 REPLIES 19

Dick_641
Explorer
Explorer
I've got a Grand Design an couldn't be happier with there support

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Find the floorplan you like and buy it. Take care of issues as they arise. All trailers are alike - no quality control during manufacture.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Mickeyfan0805
Explorer
Explorer
I'm with Halm...if you go buy reviews online you'll have almost no options left (I'm not sure there would be any TH manufacturers left standing). The manufacturer that one person condemns will be the same the next swears by. Choose what you like, do a thorough inspection, understand that there will be some issues, and do as much as you are able on your own. We've had our unit for 5.5 years and the only time it was ever in the shop was to replace a tire. It has had it's issues, but they've been relatively minor and I have fixed them myself.

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
I would take reviews with a grain of salt. Most negative reviews only represent a tiny portion of actual owners and many of those reviews are from people who want/need to vent. If I listened to all the negative reviews on products I've purchased over the years I would never have purchased anything.

Find a unit you and your DW like and can live with for the foreseeable future along with making sure your truck is more than capable of handling the trailer and go for it. Ensure you do a very thorough PDI, ours took 3 hours, and during the first year get your warranty items repaired. Also, become proficient at repairing your trailer and it will save a lot of grief and time.

Best of luck with your retirement and happy camping.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Where is here?