cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire Brand

ret-miner
Explorer
Explorer
Was just wondering has anybody have any comments this tire brand Jaxxon ST 205 75 R 15
115 REPLIES 115

NWKomfort350
Explorer
Explorer
Inthecountry wrote:
Not sure how to add the youtube video for you other than copy and paste:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZxX2Dd1mz4&feature=youtube_gdata

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you got a good deal. ๐Ÿ™‚
Chris & Stephanie
2 kids - 1 boy / 1 girl
Winston (boxer)
2016 Open Range Roamer 367BHS
13 F350 6.7 CREW LONG BED SRW
B & W Patriot

02 F350 7.3 SC LB SRW - SOLD
2014 Keystone Cougar 281BHS - SOLD

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
SabreCanuck wrote:
I would be of the opinion that there is a much closer relationship between blown tires and comments regarding "can I turn turn 90 degrees without breaking window", "how fast can I pull my 5'er?", and "I'm running 1000# over but it's OK".

It would be a safe bet that the correlation of above is much higher than China versus USA made tires.

Moral = If you overload, over speed, over heat, or over turn on a regular basis then you are increasing your chances of damaging and therefore blowing tires. Arguably, you can spend money on tires that will hold up better to said abuse or you can STOP the abuse.

That's the choice.

ST tires experience a high rate of failures before and after their production moved off shore. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

SabreCanuck
Explorer
Explorer
I would be of the opinion that there is a much closer relationship between blown tires and comments regarding "can I turn turn 90 degrees without breaking window", "how fast can I pull my 5'er?", and "I'm running 1000# over but it's OK".

It would be a safe bet that the correlation of above is much higher than China versus USA made tires.

Moral = If you overload, over speed, over heat, or over turn on a regular basis then you are increasing your chances of damaging and therefore blowing tires. Arguably, you can spend money on tires that will hold up better to said abuse or you can STOP the abuse.

That's the choice.
2011 GMC 2500 D-Max Denali
2015 Palomino Columbus 325RL
Our kids have 4 legs. ๐Ÿ™‚

kedanie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check your facts! Michelin does not own Bridgestone. Bridgestone is a very larg and separate company that owns Firestone.

Keith
Keith and Gloria
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 36GH
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
USAF 1968-1976 Vietnam Veteran

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dandy Dan wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
CKNSLS wrote:
The "China bomb"comments really are not useful and are getting really old....more reasons people are feeling in droves from this forum.

Does the truth hurt? I know of one Chinese tire that has a good reputation Sailun. Actually two, Maxis they are better than most but have read reports of some failures.

Point is if you want quality stick to Bridgestone, Michelin in a 16" "E" and GY, Michelin or Sailun in "G" or "H" tires.

FYI Michelin owns BFG and Bridgestone.

Yes and I have had awesome results running 3rd gen take off BFG's on my 2nd gen RAM.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Dandy_Dan
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
CKNSLS wrote:
The "China bomb"comments really are not useful and are getting really old....more reasons people are feeling in droves from this forum.

Does the truth hurt? I know of one Chinese tire that has a good reputation Sailun. Actually two, Maxis they are better than most but have read reports of some failures.

Point is if you want quality stick to Bridgestone, Michelin in a 16" "E" and GY, Michelin or Sailun in "G" or "H" tires.

FYI Michelin owns BFG and Bridgestone.
dan218b@tds.net
Dan and Lori Branson
Anna 1 and Lily( The new one)
Sarah-7/16 and Beau at the Rainbow bridge
2015 Ford SD350 Crew Cab Power Stroke
2009 Open Range 337RLS
Old Fella Rally Member
RV.Net Ohio Rally Member

RinconVTR
Explorer
Explorer
CKNSLS wrote:

I completely agree and have made similar comments.

Here's the image I've been trying to post for weeks, and can be found in a number of other tire threads here as well.

NWKomfort350
Explorer
Explorer
JIMNLIN wrote:
NWKomfort350 wrote:
I went to another place in town and they are recommending a different tire.
I am wondering if anybody has experience with a Hercules H-901 LT235/85r16
Load range G.
It weighs 52.5 pounds.

This is a fairly new tire and have been out for about 3 years. It takes several years in the RV world to have some type of reputation and recommendations from members. I see some of the brand RV websites where a few members have mounted them but its going to take rv folks several years to time out or wear out tires on their trailers.

However commercial haulers have found them to be just as reliable as the Sailuns.
Those folks may wear out two sets of tires on their trailers in a year time and 70k-90k miles. I've seen no complaints about the H-901 and probably won't as their another heavy all steel ply carcass commercial grade tire.
I see their website shows three 16" LT sizes and one ST. Load range F and G.
http://www.herculestire.com/tire-gallery/commercial/medium-truck/highway-premium-all-position/h-901/

In googling I have found the same information.
I think I will be a Guinea pig.
They look like a strong tire at a reasonable price.
I have more spare capacity than the average 5er otherwise I would go with something that has a longer track record.
My 5er GVWR is 14,600. Axles are 7,000.
H-901 LT gives me 15,000 pounds of tire capacity on a LT tire.
Chris & Stephanie
2 kids - 1 boy / 1 girl
Winston (boxer)
B & W Patriot

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
NWKomfort350 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
NWKomfort350 wrote:
Les Schwab just told me they won't install the tires I bring in.

He said its a new thing that stopped installing tires that get brought in.
๐Ÿ˜ž

Best to stay away from LS anyway!

They are so convenient in this region is the problem. I have never been a big fan of Discount Tire.

I have bought two sets of MS2's from Discount. I have to say they impressed my from the sale to the installation.

I am from the NW and LS has been going down hill for years since Les is out of the picture. If you want someone up your behind then they are for you. You want quality parts and service look elsewhere.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
NWKomfort350 wrote:
Load range G.
It weighs 52.5 pounds.

This is a fairly new tire and have been out for about 3 years. It takes several years in the RV world to have some type of reputation and recommendations from members. I see some of the brand RV websites where a few members have mounted them but its going to take rv folks several years to time out or wear out tires on their trailers.

However commercial haulers have found them to be just as reliable as the Sailuns.
Those folks may wear out two sets of tires on their trailers in a year time and 70k-90k miles. I've seen no complaints about the H-901 and probably won't as their another heavy all steel ply carcass commercial grade tire.
I see their website shows three 16" LT sizes and one ST. Load range F and G.
http://www.herculestire.com/tire-gallery/commercial/medium-truck/highway-premium-all-position/h-901/
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Got the R250's mounted up and they are nice. Backing into the side of my house at ~45* turn would deform the heck out of the STs to the point they looked like they were going to pop off the rim. With the R250s it was less than 1/2. Recently had the axles flipped and the smaller STs just looked tiny underneath the trailer. These fill out and look much better. No more worries going down the road is a good feeling.

2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

NWKomfort350
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
NWKomfort350 wrote:

๐Ÿ˜ž

They are so convenient in this region is the problem. I have never been a big fan of Discount Tire.
Chris & Stephanie
2 kids - 1 boy / 1 girl
Winston (boxer)
B & W Patriot

NWKomfort350
Explorer
Explorer
Load range G.
It weighs 52.5 pounds.
Chris & Stephanie
2 kids - 1 boy / 1 girl
Winston (boxer)
B & W Patriot

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
NWKomfort350 wrote:

๐Ÿ˜ž