cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

toilet gettting clogged

perchjerker
Explorer
Explorer
I use chemicals and prescribed tissue but it keeps getting clogged. After I empty it Ive noticed air bubbles out when i fill bowl with water and flush. I see this as some kind of venting problem. I just dont understand why it keeps getting clogged. When it does I stick an air hose into toilet and taNK AND CONNECT TO COMPRESSOR WITH 80 LBS OF PRESSURE. it always blows it clear, but its just a matter if time till it stops up again. Is there a chemical or something I can do without calling rotorooter ?????? thanks
29 REPLIES 29

Showme_5vr
Explorer
Explorer
You might check to see if the vent pipe has slid down into the tank. The toilet bowl will "bubble" when the water level gets above the bottom of the vent stack.
Steve & Judy 2023 RAM 3500 6.7L Cummins HO Crew Cab LWB, 2017 Grand Design Reflections 337RLS
Lifetime Good Sam Member

Shadow_Grey
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
Next trip out, place about 15 gallons of water in the tank about 10# to 20# bag of party ice like cubes. dump a cup of 20 mule team Borax in also.
Now head out, make sure this is the LAST thing you do before driving so the ice will last a while. Take as many side roads as possible lots of curves and slowing and speeding up.
Drain tank on arrival at camp site.

This will be the best thing you do for your camper and yourself!

DO IT AT LEAST TWICE A YEAR!!!!!!!!
'11 F150 XLT Red Candy Met. Ecoboost 4X4 Screw 5.5', Max Tow,Reese R16k 5th wheel hitch,Ride-Rite Air Springs, E Rated Tires, Extang Cover
'13 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 29RES,triple slides,Mor/Ryde suspension, Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder, 16" E rated tires

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
Some said they were hearing to much. I commented that my problem did not start until a bad medical situation. I had tried every method to keep it working correctly and still had problems. I learned 2 things I had to do. One the product I was using had been in freezing weather. Found this seemed to kill the good bacteria. One individual stated he couldn't stand having the paper in a can. The can I got at walmart uses odor control bags and the lid seals. You do not see the paper, or smell it at all. I did what solved the problems and only shared if I could help someone. I no longer have pyramids. By the way. Ive always used plenty of water.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

big_buford
Explorer
Explorer
Dry camp 95% of the time and bowl holds 2 1/2 gallons of water so figured out what would work best for my situation.

Guess you need to eliminate human error first.
Then know if your toilet drops into deep side of tank or short side.

If it's on the dump side of rig you'll likley have very few problems.

If located opposite of dump side, tank is not very deep there and extra precautions need to be taken.

I start out with 6 gals of water in tank before a trip.
04.5 GMC 2500HD D/A
06 38 CKS Dune Chaser
Chenowth 4-seat 3.5 honda
15 maverick xds
Beautiful wife that's much nicer than me:B

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
big buford wrote:
When i camp by myself, no problems. Wife comes along, problems. I installed a hose sprayer t'ed off main line to toilet. Use scott rv toilet paper from walmart. Showed her how to blast the tp and no problems after that. Like the scott rv tp' it really breaks up fast.

Fill the bowl at =least= half-way any time someone's going to use paper, and life will be better.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

big_buford
Explorer
Explorer
When i camp by myself, no problems. Wife comes along, problems. I installed a hose sprayer t'ed off main line to toilet. Use scott rv toilet paper from walmart. Showed her how to blast the tp and no problems after that. Like the scott rv tp' it really breaks up fast.
04.5 GMC 2500HD D/A
06 38 CKS Dune Chaser
Chenowth 4-seat 3.5 honda
15 maverick xds
Beautiful wife that's much nicer than me:B

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Next trip out, place about 15 gallons of water in the tank about 10# to 20# bag of party ice like cubes. dump a cup of 20 mule team Borax in also.
Now head out, make sure this is the LAST thing you do before driving so the ice will last a while. Take as many side roads as possible lots of curves and slowing and speeding up.
Drain tank on arrival at camp site.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

bad99ram
Explorer
Explorer
I will send you a PM

Shadow_Grey
Explorer
Explorer
jaycocamper62301 wrote:
Have your family eat at White Castle a few times

You must be from the STL area of Illinois! Quincy is close enough...
'11 F150 XLT Red Candy Met. Ecoboost 4X4 Screw 5.5', Max Tow,Reese R16k 5th wheel hitch,Ride-Rite Air Springs, E Rated Tires, Extang Cover
'13 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 29RES,triple slides,Mor/Ryde suspension, Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder, 16" E rated tires

Beaker
Explorer
Explorer
I use chemicals and prescribed tissue but it keeps getting clogged. After I empty it Ive noticed air bubbles out when i fill bowl with water and flush.

Not quite sure what you mean but something similar with my old Jayco.

After a period of time after starting from a drained tank, I would get a "burp"(bubble of air) when flushing and after a bit it would plug. A rod pushed down would dislodge the mess and no problems after that. Happended every time out.

What I think was happening, when starting out with very little water in the tank, "things" would hit the bottom of the tank and start building up. It built up faster than the water going in. Although there was enough water later, the pile was already there and the need for the rod. After that, "things" falling into the water would dissinigrate(sp), the pile never building up again.

Maybe right, maybe wrong.

But it is the combination of the other replies:

WATER WATER WATER and

PYRAMID
2008 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
2010 Cruiser 26RK

Happy_Prospecto
Explorer
Explorer
How much corn do you guys eat???????????
Kevin
Retired, Fulltime RV'er, 1999.5 F350 4X4 CC Diesel Flatbed
2007 Alpenlite Defender Toyhauler, 2019 Polaris Ranger
Bob, the Yorkie Terrier helping me prospect til the money runs out

jaycocamper6230
Explorer
Explorer
Have your family eat at White Castle a few times

Bluhorn
Explorer
Explorer
Way, way too much info on some responses.:E
1993 Dodge D 250 Cummins Club Cab
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4X4 Quad Cab
2022 Palomin9 Solaire 242RB
Chance The Senior Husky

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Timay, yes while wintering in a snowbird park. While on the road I like to drive quite a bit before dumping. Washy Washy, sloshy sloshy! Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021