raygreg
Explorer
Explorer
link didn't work
8 REPLIES 8

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Be aware that when the TST beeps that you've lost a sensor, that sensor may not have been in contact with the monitor for over an hour. It can take an hour or more of non-communication with a sensor for the monitor to finally beep. This is a known issue that some have with the TST system.

This last trip I happened to glance down at the monitor, I rarely watch it since I rely on the alarm, and noticed that I had one tire that was 10 psi lower and 5ยฐ cooler than the rest of them. We had left the campground about an hour earlier and all sensors were working at that time. While I was wondering where to stop and check things out, the monitor beeped indicating that a sensor had been lost. It was the one that showed the low pressure. I moved the monitor around and it picked up the sensor and showed the same pressure and temperature as the rest of the tires. It does happen.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

twindman
Explorer
Explorer
I have the TST (I think). I got the removable ones that just screw on and you can replace the batteries. I have a 38 ft. fifth wheel and just leave the sensor on the center console. It works fine - maybe once in a while it drops the passenger rear sending unit/tire, but just hold it up for a minute and it is back. They have an extender you can put in the back window or in the front of the fiver by the battery if you need it.

Imaroadrunnr
Explorer
Explorer
I have been using the Pressure Pros since 2006 on a 34ft. Cedar Creek pulled by a 3500 Ram CTD dually but after a few years the units quit working because I left them on the rig and the batteries died (my fault). I bought a new set (10) and everything worked once again. This time I used some "white out" and numbered the units starting at the left front-RF-etc all the way around the truck and trailer. After another few years, the batteries started to fail on the new units so my friend and I used a Schrader valve and mounted it on a lathe and after ruining a couple of the oldest ones, we were able to CAREFULLY slice the tops off of the units and replace the batteries which we bought for less that $10 for a dozen. We used a glue to put them back together and a few of them weren't sealed good enough and when they got wet, they ceased to function but otherwise, it is a good fix and I love the piece of mind it gives me going down the road. The last time the sensor went off I had a blow out and was able to stop before any real damage occurred but it knocked a piece of the valance off the side of the trailer. I highly recommend these things and I've mounted the receiver on the dash with velcro without any problems.
Stan Mitchell
Las Vegas, NV

Dayle1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I can't comment on the ones in the link, but I'm using TST internal sensors on my fiver which is 34 ft. I do not use a repeater. Have used the sensors for 4 yrs now. On several occasions, I have lost signal for the rear, street-side sensor (the furtherest sensor) but moving the monitor from dash to the center console and it regained signal immediately.
Larry Day
Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders since '01
'13 Silverado 3500HD LT 2wd CCSB SRW, custom RKI bed
'19 Starcraft Telluride 292RLS
Rig Photos

Fire5er
Explorer
Explorer
I have used Pressure Pro for over 5 years now on a 39' 5er and a F350. I mounted the receiver/monitor in the back window of the the truck and have not ever lost signal. http://www.rvtirepressure.com/
2011 F350 CC, 6.7, LB, DRW.
Hijacker (24-UMS-21) 21k Underbox Hitch.
2014 Big Sky Montana
PressurePro Tire Pressure Monitoring System.

raygreg
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the colicky . I'm not a big fan of those screw on sensors. I noticed the range the sensor would transmit wasn't listed.
Was just wondering if anyone had tried/ used them.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe it's just a rumor but awhile back the internal TPMS for trailer tires had to be installed by a technician trained in its use. Would make having a garage repair a tire less likely. We went with the Pressure Pro.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
CLICKY - On Amazon

My worry would be the range. I think it is meant for a vehicle, where each wheel sensor is only a few feet away from the receiver.
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized