cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triton (Dutchman Voltage) 3451 Toy Hauler: Thoughts/Opinions

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
We're considering the purchase of a Triton 3451 (Voltage). It's a ~37 ft. 5th wheel toy hauler with a 12' garage. GVWR is 16800. Empty weight ~11300 lbs. Pin weight ~2600 lbs. It appears to be a nice unit--especially for the money.

Would be very interested in any opinions (good or bad) about this unit.

We have plans to tow it with a 2016 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins with 3950 lbs. of payload.
7 REPLIES 7

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
The swin-tec slides I'm referring to are the ones that have the metal strip running the length of slide on the top and bottom on the sides of slide that use a gear motor not cables.
I may have had the tritons cornfused with another brand as they use the cable system, sorry.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
I will add my 2951 sits loaded with around 3200lbs on the pin and squats my dually about 3 inches.
2015 Ram 3500 Dually
Sundowner 2286GM Pro-Grade Toyhauler

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2951 and am very happy. I chose the 2951 as I do not like big slides.

Also do not think they use schwinteck slides...all cable. I know the little bed slide is cable not gear/cog schwinteck.
2015 Ram 3500 Dually
Sundowner 2286GM Pro-Grade Toyhauler

Trophytruck78
Explorer
Explorer
I currently own the 3451 and am very happy with it. Its a bit on the tall side sitting at 13 ft 6 inches however it tows very nicely. Its a great value for the price and is very comfortable. My wife and I opted for this model because it was the only model we could tow in our weight limits with my 2006 F350 SRW that had the seperate garage and could accomodate a 4 seater razor. As far as the slide, I have had no issues and have used my trailer alot in the past year and a half. I highly recommend getting the optional AC in thebed room and garage. Its really helps out in the hot weather. I am 6ft 4 inches and can stand up in the bed room and have room to walk around the bed, I upgraded the **** matress with a tempur pedic and sleep like a baby. The only two issues I have had with my Trailer is the awning separated from the coach slighlty and the sani flush system leaked. Both items fixed under waurentee at Richardsons with questions asked. My family and Love this trailer and do not regret owning it. I hope this helps and hope you enjoy yours as much as we have enjoyed ours.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Despite my current need to replace a motor because of a broken cable, I have not had any other problem with the Schwintek slides on my 3950.

steadypraying42
Explorer
Explorer
I am about to purchase the same TH with a 2015 3500
Active Duty Army (Fulltiming)
1 YR Old English Mastiff
2 YR Old German Shepherd
2015 Ram 3500 SRW
Aisin Transmission, factory air ride suspension
2015 Keystone Hideout 308BHDS (SOLD)
2016 Voltage Triton 3451 TH

"IN TRUTH LIES VICTORY"

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
Just my opinion but I'm not a fan of the swin-tec slide systems they use on their larger slides.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP