cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Voltage, momentum, or seismic

Brandon327
Explorer
Explorer
What would you choose and why? I have the opportunity to buy a used 2016 voltage with full body paint. I originally wanted the grand design momentum or the jayco seismic. I have liked the voltages though. What is the quality like on the voltage? They look good but beyond that how are they?
2013 gmc 3500 hd cc Drw 4x4
2016 Dutchmen voltage 3990
10 REPLIES 10

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
ramgunner wrote:
We spent a couple of years looking, and originally were leaning toward Voltage until we found Grand Design. We ended up with a Momentum 385TH and have been very happy. I have an ongoing write-up about the experience and process.

Excellent article on the Grand Design Ramgunner!!
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

ramgunner
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you! I appreciate that. There is a lot more coming.
Editor - http://www.RamGunner.com / http://www.MomentumGunner.com
2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
Grand Design Momentum 385TH (Polaris RZR800/VHF/UHF/HF)

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
ramgunner wrote:
We spent a couple of years looking, and originally were leaning toward Voltage until we found Grand Design. We ended up with a Momentum 385TH and have been very happy. I have an ongoing write-up about the experience and process.

You're way too thorough...that's why I like you:B

I like your articles buddy..Pro NRA, tactical, ect..what's not to like? You do a great job.:B
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

ramgunner
Explorer
Explorer
Editor - http://www.RamGunner.com / http://www.MomentumGunner.com
2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
Grand Design Momentum 385TH (Polaris RZR800/VHF/UHF/HF)

momentum_rv
Explorer
Explorer
Momentum ๐Ÿ˜‰
2015 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
tinner12002 wrote:
GD hands down because of the slide mechanisms. Too many bad reports of swin-tec systems which both Voltage and Seismic have, screwing up.

Have read bad reports on the GD also.. We fell in love with GD and that was our pick, but after more research, ( almost a year), we ended up with Jayco...So "hands down" is assuming WAYYY to much... I'd say more like, pick which one you want with the best 2 yr warranty...GD is awesome...so is the Jayco.. I've seen and read good and bad on both...guess we'll find out from our own actual, personal experiences....and report back:)
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
GD hands down because of the slide mechanisms. Too many bad reports of swin-tec systems which both Voltage and Seismic have, screwing up.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at all three, really liked the GD, but ended up with the Seismic...and that's the FIRST Jayco I've owned in a VERY long time, (first being a pop up). I like their 2 yr warranty and this particular dealership...i like the floor plan and it'll be the our "retirement" camper:)

Jim
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

benb21601
Explorer
Explorer
I love my seismic. I honestly didn't even look at the others you mentioned as this is my 4th Jayco and I saw no reason to switch manufacturers. Can't speak to the differences, but I can speak to the quality of the Seismic. Fit and finish is excellent, components are top tier, and the warranty is the best in the business.
2017 GMC Sierra 3500 Denali Dually Duramax L5P
2015.5 Jayco Seismic 3902
2015 EZGO Express S4 buggy

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
My Voltage had some issues when we bought it in 2011 but that was the first year for the model. Our dealer was very good and the factory was supportive so everything was fixed to our satisfaction. The only issue we've had since was that the WFCO converter went out, but WFCO sent me a new one no charge under 2-year warranty.