cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voltage slides

Mesteve
Explorer
Explorer
I know there were issues with the slides when the Voltage first came out. It seems like many of these were related to large slide outs, maybe larger than the Schwintek system is capable of handling.

I haven't read much lately on issues specific to the slides recently. Does this appear to be a resolved issue with new designs and/or updated slide outs?

Thanks.
2016 Ram 3500 MegaCab Dually w/ Hijacker sliding hitch
2017 Raptor 425TS
18 REPLIES 18

aarondeere
Explorer
Explorer
I don't get on here much anymore but will put my 2 cents in. Have a 2012 voltage with 2 slides...small bedroom one and a larger living room one. Had 1 motor fail on the bedroom slide the first yr we had it. Haven't had any issues since. I will second making sure the camper is level before putting out the slides. They do struggle a little sometimes. Overall I'm very happy with my camper and plan to keep it for many more yrs.
Aaron
2010 Dodge 3500
2012 Voltage 3600 Epic

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
$plit wrote:
guess they finally learned their lesson.....hydraulic for me plz 🙂

XXX2 for me also!
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

walker111
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a lightly used 2014 3305 and this was the concern I feared most. Making sure I am level and only had one night out so far. Fingers crossed. The 2016 I looked at had cables but the slides looked to run on the same track.

frfan
Explorer
Explorer
I bought my Voltage V 3605 last year and it has cable slides. I think they switched to cable on the 2015 models.

rbrown35
Explorer
Explorer
The new voltages still use the Schwintek slides, have 2014 and all three slide motors have failed. The main problem with these systems is that they have no over ride system. Have to disengauge the motor to manually push the unit in or out.

_plit
Explorer
Explorer
guess they finally learned their lesson.....hydraulic for me plz 🙂

Oldplayer5
Explorer
Explorer
Went to a small RV show today at the Daytona International Speedway, and did notice three different Voltage Models all with the cable slide system

Mesteve
Explorer
Explorer
Mesteve wrote:
madbare wrote:
I believe the new Voltages are all cable slides now.

Oh really? I haven't hit the lots yet, but online inventory viewing didn't reflect that...

So I just saw my first 2015 Voltage with all cable slides, no Schwintek at all...
2017 Raptor 425TS

Pumaguy
Explorer
Explorer
Just make sure to level before running the slides in and out. Problem solved if level.
2012 Voltage 3905
2008 Ford F450

Mesteve
Explorer
Explorer
madbare wrote:

Oh really? I haven't hit the lots yet, but online inventory viewing didn't reflect that...
2017 Raptor 425TS

Quick_Sand
Explorer
Explorer
joebedford wrote:
My 2011 works fine.

Well there had to be at least one that worked that year 😉
2015 Renegade Classic Volvo D16
2015 RZR 1000 Magnum Offroad #553
2014 RZR 570 Magnum Offroad #437
2012 RZR 570 Holz #553
2014 Trophy Kart JR-Mod #437
2011 RZR 900 Turbo

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
My 2011 works fine.

madbare
Explorer
Explorer

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
Macman83 wrote:
We have a 2013 Voltage, and we have the schwintec slides. We are always hooked up to shore power or generator, and completely level before we move the slides. So far we are all good as well, with the exception of leaving one of the end windows open in the big slide while trying to close it. Amazingly the window didn't break when we wedged it against the side of the trailer!

This is a great point! I also level the rig prior to extending the slides and retract them before hooking up and raising the jacks.
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)