cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was this toy hauler ever made?

eddd
Explorer
Explorer
I like to find a 5th wheel replacement for my tow behind, but I have a few requirements:

1. It has to have an enclosed garage at least 10' in length. I carry two motorcycles. I use my garage only for the toys and associated items, no need for beds, tables. seats, etc. It is fine if they are there and can be removed.

2. I'd really like to haul it with my Chevorlet HD2500.

3. I will not buy new. Somebody else can take that huge depreciation hit. It won't be me.

4. Optional due to #2, but I'd like a slide(s).

It seems that no matter how I configure my search I'm unable to get a listing of trailers that fit these three features so I'm going to the experts, either for specific toy haulers or a way to configure my search.

Thanks.
2002 KZ Sportsman Toyhauler
7 REPLIES 7

TugCE
Explorer
Explorer
My R-Vision 3360 is exactly what you are looking for. My 2500 tows it fine and at my last scale I had 5,000 pounds on my Drive Wheels. Now that was before I installed my Generac Gen Set so it might have gone up a couple of hundred pounds but I as still way under GM's 6,100lbs or my tires that are rated for 7,200lbs.
I am a Retired U.S. Merchant Marine Chief Engineer
05 Chevy 2500 4x4 D/A with Helper Springs and Air Ride Air Bags
(06 R-Vision RW3360 Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler) - Totaled by Irma 2017
97 FLTCI converted into a Roadsmith Trike by The Trike Shop of Daytona

discovery4us
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at the Keyston Raptor 36DS12. I had an 05' and was happy with it. bedroom and living room slide and 12' garage. Triple axle and if your not careful can get a little heavy. I pulled it with a F-250 6.0 Diesel and it did fine. I belive in 06' they upgraded the enterior and probable the price.

cutty72
Explorer
Explorer
04 Jayco Talon 36Z, if you can find one.
A touch on the heavy side, but has everything you ask for.
If you go newer than 04, they go to a tripple axle and I believe GVWR goes up.

eddd
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the suggestions.

The Forest River one looks like it fits the bill precisely. I travel alone for the most part and I don't ride big dresser types bikes so my cargo is on the very light side.
2002 KZ Sportsman Toyhauler

tmm2good
Explorer
Explorer
r v trader Has a bunch of used 5th wheel's toy hauler's. I would think if you kept it in the 30-35 foot range, your 2500HD should be OK.
18 GD Momentum 376
13 GMC Denali Dually D/A
Motorcycles / ATV's

francheska
Explorer
Explorer
Do a search for a Heartland Torque Toyhauler. We have the 261 bumper pull that we pull with my F250.
Its 35 foot long, 10 foot separate garage with a slide out. Its met our needs quite well. They also have
5th wheel Torques. We sold the 5th wheel and got this and have enjoyed it over 90 nights last year. We
also carry 2 motorcycles.

hmknightnc
Explorer
Explorer
An example below. Little heavy at full GVWR of the trailer but if you load it light and keep load wieght around 12k# you should be able to handle it with the D/A 2500HD

Forest River Hyper Lyte