cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

washer/dryer

rsbabson
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a mountaineer 356TBF with washer dryer side by side prep. Any reccomendations on a washer dryer unit? Washer dryer combo non vented, side by side dryer non vented/vented? If I buy a vented dryer there will have to be a hole cut thru the side wall I do believe. Side by side washer with a non vented dryer?
20 REPLIES 20

thedoghouse
Explorer
Explorer
sdetweil wrote:
thedoghouse wrote:
I could do without alot things but the washer / dryer is a must. I built a shelf to seperate and unit works perfect. I found my units on craigslist several years back and had in my 2005 Presidential then moved over to the 2008 when I traded.

I just noticed your dryer is upside down..

No it's just a one off unit that people haven't seen
2008 Holiday Rambler Presidential Suite 36 RLT
2011 Ford F350 CC DRW B&W Companion

SrFoxmexico
Explorer
Explorer
Has anybody had any experience with the Equator Appliances brand of RV washers and dryers. Camping world has a set of stackables on sale right now at the link below.
I am considering ordering them.
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/stackable-washer-and-dryer/81093
Mobile Suites TK3
Ford F350
www.srfox.net

sdetweil
Explorer
Explorer
thedoghouse wrote:
I could do without alot things but the washer / dryer is a must. I built a shelf to seperate and unit works perfect. I found my units on craigslist several years back and had in my 2005 Presidential then moved over to the 2008 when I traded.

I just noticed your dryer is upside down..
2012 Ford F350 DRW, 6.7 diesel.
2013 Keystone Alpine 3720FB

thedoghouse
Explorer
Explorer

2008 Holiday Rambler Presidential Suite 36 RLT
2011 Ford F350 CC DRW B&W Companion

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a Danby Washer. It spins enough of the water out that just hanging the clothes in the shower at night they are dry in the morning. The key to any of these is small loads. If I have a pair of jeans that need washing, it might be a tee shirt with them but just as might be nothing. Very happy with the Danby, had it for two years and used about every FHP trip.
Bob & Lynn
2 Chihuahua's, Ella, Gracie

was-2013 Open Range 424RLS,06' Chevy 3500, dually, Duramax/Allison

also was - 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37F, towing 2003 Jeep Wrangler

now - 2021 NoBo 19.5, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL (Talk about downsizing!)

SandSOrrell
Explorer
Explorer
Everyone I know that has the Splendide combo likes it. I have read reviews that slam it. Has to do with the drier function leaving the clothes wrinkled. But the happy users seem to do smaller loads a little more frequently and have learned to deal with the wrinkling. When I got the Trail Aire Tri-glide pin box last year, it was with a promise to get my wife the combo. That'll be done this spring before we hit the roads. It WILL be vented. I would not want all the humid exhaust from the dryer inside the camper. Just my 2 pence worth.
Skip and Susan
2013 Cedar Creek 34 RLSA
2013 Chevy Crew Cab 3500 D/A DRW 4X4

USAF, Ret (63-83)
Vietnam (off and on 65-75)

JTrac
Explorer
Explorer
We generally spend 3 to 4 months per year in our Excel, with a long trip being 5 to 6 weeks at a time. We tried to go without a washer for a while when we had the motorhome but the wife did not like the way some of the coin operated machines treated her clothes so we got a Splendide. It has become indispensable especially on our longer trips. She is not tied to a laundromat for however long that takes and can do other things while the washer does its thing. What I am trying to say is the need for one depends on how you use your rv and how you want to budget your time. I know some folks who like using the rv park's machines because they like meeting people. I guess it all depends on how you look at it.
JimT
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, 2020 Ford F350, Platinum, 6.7 diesel, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, 12,400 GVWR

C-Bears
Explorer
Explorer
kennethwooster wrote:
Tried one once and did not like it. It was a Splendid vented. Talked to my service dealer, and he had the same as new one top of the line. It was a nice looking unit, yet he essentially said they weren't worth it. Just as I thought about the one we tried.

I think it depends on how often you are going to use your RV's washer/dryer reference not being worth it.

The Splendid units are expensive but are well built and the company has a extremely good history of customer support.

If you are full time and traveling then it is probably worth the expense. If you are a part time seasonal camper then maybe not worth the initial outlay.
2014 Montana 3725RL (Goodyear G614 Tires, Flow Thru TPMS)

SPENDING THE WINTERS AT OUR HOME IN SW FLORIDA. THE REST OF THE YEAR SEEING THE U.S. FROM OUR LIVING ROOM WINDOW!

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
Tried one once and did not like it. It was a Splendid vented. Talked to my service dealer, and he had the same as new one top of the line. It was a nice looking unit, yet he essentially said they weren't worth it. Just as I thought about the one we tried.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

Dutch___Di
Explorer
Explorer
I can't speak for the newer models but we have had our Sears Stackable's for 18 years and they are still working great! Jeez, I hope I didn't just jinx myself!. I think when I looked at the newer ones, the washer tub was smaller than the one I have.
We have ours vented. Hugs, Di
2015 Western Brown Pearl single cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisin Transmission, Pace Edwards auto rolltop cover, DeBoe Slide Step, AMP Side Steps.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Susp, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Auto Leveling System, TST TPMS

rsbabson
Explorer
Explorer
Dtank wrote:
JTrac wrote:
Splendide seems to be the make of choice for many rv's, but there are other brands. Excel offers a Whirlpool stack as an option but we had a Splendide vented combo in our motorhome and decided to stick with the same thing. The wife likes it a lot but a separate dryer is probably better because you can wash and dry at the same time. She says it is not a big deal to her.

Not sure if you've ever used this type of washer/dryer but the advice my wife gives is if you expect it perform like your home units you will be disappointed. She read the instructions carefully and just does small loads when we have some downtime. She rarely gets behind on the laundry.

"rsbabson" - try a search, current and the archives.

The above (and lots of other washer/dryer info) is frequently posted, in the 5th wheel & MH forums...;) Thanks

~

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
JTrac wrote:
Splendide seems to be the make of choice for many rv's, but there are other brands. Excel offers a Whirlpool stack as an option but we had a Splendide vented combo in our motorhome and decided to stick with the same thing. The wife likes it a lot but a separate dryer is probably better because you can wash and dry at the same time. She says it is not a big deal to her.

Not sure if you've ever used this type of washer/dryer but the advice my wife gives is if you expect it perform like your home units you will be disappointed. She read the instructions carefully and just does small loads when we have some downtime. She rarely gets behind on the laundry.

"rsbabson" - try a search, current and the archives.

The above (and lots of other washer/dryer info) is frequently posted, in the 5th wheel & MH forums...;)

~

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
We presently have the Vented Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer with no complaints, but if we trade rigs the next will be side by side or stacked separate units.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Separate washer and dryer and also vented to the outside. We have a Whirlpool and will never have another. Will have Splendide when we get another rig. Whirlpool will not honor warranty since it is in a RV. They say the warranty says I have to take washer/dryer out of rig and have outside for service to work on. I had to get a mobile RV tech to work on.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4