cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

water pressure

Rimrocksgismo
Explorer
Explorer
I have water pressure to shower toilet and bath sink but very little to the kitchen sink. replaced water pump with one I had on hand because the other pump did not want to pressure the tank. hooked up to city water direct to see still not much better any thoughts?
13 REPLIES 13

golf_bears
Explorer
Explorer
First of all the faucet on my kitchen sink is a single handle unit with a removable spray unit attached to a flexible metal rapped type hose from which both hot and cold water are discharged. Not sure about the correct terminology. The restrictors I removed were in the flexible hose and also in the spray unit. I removed the spay unit from the hose and was able to remove the restrictor with a cork screw. I then used my air compressor to blow the restrictors out of the flexible hose. Reassembled everything and I now have plenty of water coming out of the faucet. Was an easy fix after I figured out what the problem was. If I knew how to post pictures I would but I was never able to do so in this forum. If you want pictures let me know through a PM with your e-mail address and Iโ€™ll see what I can do.

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
I went down to the camper earlier to check this out. The faucet isnt like a conventional facet in that there are hoses that stick out of the bottom that are about a foot long. Do I look for these restrictions where the hoses hook to the campers lines or do I have to take the faucet apart?

Sorry for the hyjack but this thread could save people a lot of searching
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had the same issue with ours. I replaced the faucet and no change. Then I found out the new faucet had restrictors in it also. Removed them and no problems. I would be willing to bet tthis is your problem also. Good luck, John.
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same issue with my 2005 Cedar Creek. I cleaned it last year like stated above. I'm gonna go down tonight and check on that orifice thing in the lines.
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

Jim-Linda
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do not believe you are pressuring your water tank with the pump unless you have a very old unit. The pump is "taking" water from the tank and then into the plumbing.

greatwhitenort1
Explorer
Explorer
Will check that out, thanks

golf_bears
Explorer
Explorer
Had similar problem last year on the kitchen faucet. Cleaned the screen, replaced filter, etc. Didn't fix the problem. Removed the faucet and checked the water lines attached to the faucet. Found the lines had plastic restrictors in them. Removed the restrictors, reassemble the faucet and put back on the sink. Turned on the water and was amazed at how much water flow there was. Now in the morning I can fill the coffee pot in a few seconds as oppose to a few minutes.

RckyMtnVia
Explorer
Explorer
Is there an anti-siphon valve on the hot line? That may slow things down a bit.
2022 Forester MBS 2401B

greatwhitenort1
Explorer
Explorer
Don't want to hijack the OP's thread, but I checked those things still the same, no kinked lines either.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 on my spigot water screen. Collects all sorts of things and clogs up...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

BuckBarker
Explorer
Explorer
Unscrew the end of the faucet end and clean the screen. They continuously get plugged up with gunk.

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
On my trailer there are two possibilities.

1.. There is a cartridge filter under the sink that can clog up. This, however, is only on the cold side.

2.. There is a screen in the end of the faucet spout that collects sand and gravel. You should be able to see a locking ring on the spout.

If it is cold only that is reduced, #1 is most likely (or a cutoff valve has been partially closed somewhere in the basement).

If both hot and cold are reduced (what mine did) then #2.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

greatwhitenort1
Explorer
Explorer
Subscribed, what make of trailer do you have? I have the same issue with my 2013 Big Country, good pressure in the bathroom, but weak @ the kitchen, both hot & cold. Maybe someone has a answer for this problem.