cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Razor to get, 2 or 4 seater?

FireGuard
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just started my search for a Razor. I think I would prefer the 1000 4 seater. I really don't "Need" 4 seats as it's just me and maybe a passenger, but for a couple thousand $$ it may be nice for the times there may be extra people or even more room to carry extra gear.
I think the extra HP and better suspension of the 1000 may be worth it, but the 900 also gets good reviews and would probably work.
I'm not one who needs to be the fastest or coolest, but want good performance and reliability. I'll use it for desert and mountains, like Cal City or Mammoth and am more into trail riding vs sand dunes.
What do you have and why did you choose it?
Would you buy it again or get something different?
PS. Don't need the Turbo.
13Jeep Wrangler
07 Ragen 21FB
12 Yamaha Super Tenere
14 Suzuki DR 650
33 REPLIES 33

fly-boy
Explorer
Explorer
Ours has been good-
The extra power in the sand is really nice!
2016 Chevy LTZ
2009 WW HKD
A few toys...

FireGuard
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was just reading the RZR forum. Sure are a lot of posts about clutch issues, diffs, belts and rpm/throttle issues not getting over 30-40 mph.
I know people only post when they have a problem, but I can't see spending $20k on a toy and have to spend more time and money and trips to the dealer.
I expect quality when you spend that kind of $$.
My Yamaha Tenere has over 40k mi and I have not had 1 issue with it. Rock solid reliability.
Maybe I'll build my Jeep instead of a RZR? 😞
13Jeep Wrangler
07 Ragen 21FB
12 Yamaha Super Tenere
14 Suzuki DR 650

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
OFDPOS wrote:
N-Trouble wrote:
FireGuard wrote:
fly-boy wrote:
Love my 2016 RZR 1000 Turbo 4 seater.

My buddy just picked up a 4 seat Turbo so I can't wait to get them out in the sand.

You guys have the rattle can front diffs everyone is complaining bout on the RZR forum and Polaris seems to be doing nothing about?

Some do , most don't ....

I bought a 2016 XP1K so far love it and NO rattle can front diff noise... 😉

Accoring to the polll going on the RZR forum about 2/3 of owners have the noisy diff.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
N-Trouble wrote:
FireGuard wrote:
fly-boy wrote:

My buddy just picked up a 4 seat Turbo so I can't wait to get them out in the sand.

You guys have the rattle can front diffs everyone is complaining bout on the RZR forum and Polaris seems to be doing nothing about?

Some do , most don't ....

I bought a 2016 XP1K so far love it and NO rattle can front diff noise... 😉

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
FireGuard wrote:
fly-boy wrote:

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
I recently bought a 2014 4 seater rzr 800 4 seater. This was the only 4 seater that fit in my TH. We are family of 4 that's why we got 4 seats. I say get a 4 seater for your friends and family when they want to go out. It's always nice to know when somebody wants to jump in there's room, sucks always leaving one person behind. Edit: congrats on the new ride have fun out there.
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

FireGuard
Explorer II
Explorer II
fly-boy wrote:

13Jeep Wrangler
07 Ragen 21FB
12 Yamaha Super Tenere
14 Suzuki DR 650

STANG23L
Explorer
Explorer
You'll love the 1000. I have a 1000S and they are fast enough!
Waiting for my buddies 1000xp to be delivered. So we can see who'll have bragging rights this summer.
2014 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel

fly-boy
Explorer
Explorer
2016 Chevy LTZ
2009 WW HKD
A few toys...

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Some guys are a bit off topic here talking about "utility" SxS. OP is in the marker for a sport trail machine. He's not hauling hay... Different machines for different purposes.

Searching_Ut
Explorer
Explorer
FireGuard wrote:
Thanks for all the replys.
I just got a smoking deal on a new 16 XP1000 2 seater.

You've got some serious fun in your future. The suspension on those things is a dream to use, and you'll really appreciate it when driving off road through fairly rough terrain at speeds that would get you a ticket on any road in California.
2015 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD, 4X4, AISIN, B&W Companion Puck Mount
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS, 1kw solar with Trimetric and dual SC2030, 600 watt and 2k inverters.

loboclone
Explorer
Explorer
awjoker wrote:
Not s RZR fan but we have a farm and need something more versatile, so we have a JD Gator 825i. Neighbor has a new Polaris Ranger 4 seater. He can outrun me (but barely and it takes a long stretch) but I can outwork him. Another neighbor has a RZR. We can go the same places he can but with less noise and chainsaws and coolers in the bed. I also considered the Bad Boy Intimidator and the Kubota. For you, the Kubota is not realistic but it was above the Polaris for me.

The Gator has the same engine as my Oreion Sand Reeper, the big difference is the CVT losing torque due to parasite HP loss. I have a 5 speed manual. Others don't get it
2015 F-450 CC 440 HP 19.5 DRW. 26,500 Resse FW
Jayco Sesimic 4212 Toy Hauler
Oreion Sandreeper-Street Legal and tilted for the on road
480 Watts ZAMP 3 panel US made Solar system-Smart Glass panels

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats and please report back after a couple long rides, so we can see just how big your grin is. 🙂

There is an excellent forum for you that will have all the answers to questions you will have, plus most forum vendors offer discounts to forum members on the multitude of accessories you will now be buying. www.rzrforums.net

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

RickSo
Explorer
Explorer
Congrat's on the new ride!
Rick
----------------------------------------
2015 Volvo 730, D13, I-shift, 500/1850
2015 GMC 3500HD Denali 4x4 Dually
2012 Excel W41GKE Wild Cargo Toy Hauler
2010 BMW K1300GT / 2008 BMW R1200GS
2016 Polaris RZR 1000S