cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what's a good skid wheel for a toy hauler?

thehippie
Explorer
Explorer
what's a good skid wheel for a toy hauler? I want to protect the stabilizer scissor jack coz that's the one that usually comes in contact first.

Should i put the skid wheels before or after the jack?

Do i weld it?

6 REPLIES 6

2btowed
Explorer
Explorer
Tried a skid wheel and I ripped it off.Best solution is move jacks closer to wheel.You can do the string thing to make sure you are clear,but I just found a place where I could reattach and also able to get the hammer drill on.I also put a 2 ft skid plate on the back to make it easier to drag it back where no one else goes.Put another set of jacks in the middle also,by the door and under slide on other side,makes a big difference when climbing up stairs..
08 Ranger/sold/14 rzr900 4
08 Grizzly x2
06 400ex
06 Honda 90
08 f450
04 Kymco 110

thehippie
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
If you click on the edit function of the post you can see the code that Dave inserted to reduce the dimensions. Or when you click on the icon just insert the URL for the image and type in 800 under width.

Or...

A fast and easy way to include a photo in a forum post. Just drag-n-drop a photo, and copy-n-paste the image link in your message post. Uploads photos directly to IMGUR.com servers. Automatically resizes photos to the max recommended by the Open Roads Forum. Includes a thumbnail preview, and also provides an optional link to permanently delete the photo. The WebApp is available at http://photoposting.is-great.net (Updated 10/03/2016).
thanks

Y-Guy
If you click on the edit function of the post you can see the code that Dave inserted to reduce the dimensions. Or when you click on the icon just insert the URL for the image and type in 800 under width.

Or...

A fast and easy way to include a photo in a forum post. Just drag-n-drop a photo, and copy-n-paste the image link in your message post. Uploads photos directly to IMGUR.com servers. Automatically resizes photos to the max recommended by the Open Roads Forum. Includes a thumbnail preview, and also provides an optional link to permanently delete the photo. The WebApp is available at http://photoposting.is-great.net (Updated 10/03/2016).

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

thehippie
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
I adjusted your image width for you so it would fit on the page.

I use tinypic but there’s no option to resize. Do you know any other website? Thanks

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
pull a string from the bottom of the rear tire to the jack and you'll see how much and where you need it so that the jack doesn't drag.

I can't help on type, never had the need for them, might with the new one so keep us posted. I'd try etrailer or similar.

here:

etrailer
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

dedmiston
I adjusted your image width for you so it would fit on the page.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230