cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

When is the best time to buy

fulltime5er
Explorer
Explorer
Okay, any ideas or suggestions on when is the best time of the year to purchase a new fiver? RV shows? Fall, when the new models are out? Winter, when sales may be down? Or maybe it doesn't really matter?
2013 Ford F350 Crew Cab, 4x4 Long bed, DRW, 6.7 Diesel, 3.73,
2014 Cedar Creek 36ckts
B&W Companion hitch (puck type)
16 REPLIES 16

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
At the end of summer is a good time to buy a summer toy.

Do the research first so that you know what you are looking for. Get the money lined up so that when THE rig turns up you are ready to pounce. Around fall dealers want the current year models off the lot & people who want out don't want to pay storage or insure them for the winter.

I'm thinking right now is the best selling time, worst buying time. Here comes summer.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Brookstone
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought my RV for $28,000 off the sticker of $88,000. Not sure if that's an unbelievable deal but it was the best one around my part of the woods (Oklahoma). It's a 2014 Brookstone with all the options including full body paint. I think if you take your time and work with multiple dealers one of them will be hungry enough to make you a deal.

lillyputz
Explorer
Explorer
kab449 wrote:
mark5w wrote:
Bought two 5ers at the Hershey show. Looked all through the summer. No one ever came close to the Hershey price. By about $10,000.

X2
All the dealers I talked to at this show told me the manufacturers contribute money in the deals and there is intense competition.

Did the discounts also apply to special orders.

Lillyputz
Lillyputz

Two beagles. Lilly & Zuri

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
We bought at the end of camping season. It saved us about $10,000
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

mark5w
Explorer
Explorer
Hershey

Check out the above link for all the info. Good luck
'13 2018 JAYCO EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS- '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension

CindyBR777
Explorer
Explorer
When is the show every year?
2008 Ford F-250 King Ranch 4x4 diesal
2011 Keystone Avalanche 290RL
:)1 Spoiled Rotten long-haired Chihuahua named "Cricket"
1 Very Sweet West Highland Terrier named Winston
1 Sweetheart:W of a husband, Charles
:B

kab449
Explorer
Explorer
mark5w wrote:
Bought two 5ers at the Hershey show. Looked all through the summer. No one ever came close to the Hershey price. By about $10,000.

X2
All the dealers I talked to at this show told me the manufacturers contribute money in the deals and there is intense competition.
2017 Heartland Bighorn 3160Elite/2017 F250 Lariat Ultimate
2018 Coachmen Galleria 24Q Class B Mercedes Van
Keith & Brenda
Marley the Maltese
Central PA

mark5w
Explorer
Explorer
'13 2018 JAYCO EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS- '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cash money talks.

The dealer doesn't need to know where it came from.

Now, I'm not suggesting robbing banks or sticking up a string of McDonalds, but there may be opportunities. My MIL loaned us part of our last purchase price out of money she was holding in a MMA. We paid her a half point more than the bank would.

If you can do it, the interest on a Home Equity Line is much less than it ever is on an RV purchase note.

There are always other possibilities.

It is amazing how flexible some dealers become when you say "I can bring you a Cashier's Check for XYZ dollars at ten o'clock in the morning. Be sure that includes Tax, Tag, and Title." The usual answer is "We will have it ready."
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

PapPappy
Explorer
Explorer
I gotta say that "when you have the money" makes the most sense to me.:)

If you wait until Fall, you will get a deal, but you'll also miss out on a season of RVing...a season that might have been PRICELESS with the memories you and your family could have had.
You also give up a year on the RV you are looking at, since the new ones will be coming out, so your 2013 is "old" already, and the depreciation is probably about what you would have saved.

Buying in the Spring....well, then you tend to have to compete with everyone else out there, to buy what you want, so the Dealers aren't as willing to make you a deal....but there are still some to be had.

Some states have Personal Property Taxes, which are based on ownership at the beginning of the year. We see a lot of people who sell their boats, RVs, etc., just so they don't have to pay the taxes for the year....personally, I don't know how much they really save.

When you have the money....buy what you want:)
Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau ๐Ÿ™‚
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.๐Ÿ˜ž
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008:B FMCA# F407293
The Pets

RckyMtnVia
Explorer
Explorer
Now is a good time to be looking at the 2013 models as the 2014s are already on the lots. We are looking at a new rv and have found a wide range of prices at dealerships across the country. We are willing to travel 500 to 750 miles outside of Colorado for a good price. There are a number of dealers within that range who have really great prices, 25 to 30% off MSRP on a 2013, and will basically get the deal done online or on the phone. I am trying to get the local dealers to match prices, but so far none are close, and we are talking about a $15/$20,000 difference. Well worth a drive.
2022 Forester MBS 2401B

rmoparman
Explorer
Explorer
Try Hershey show if can> I talked to many people great prices and they said so large can"t see all units so large

remoandiris
Explorer
Explorer
FYI, RV sales are up this year. IIRC, 20%+ increase in sales. Buy when it is right for YOU!
2011 GMC 3500 Dually
New to me 2006 Jayco Designer 38RDQS
2 Boxers and a Maine Coon

rfryer
Explorer
Explorer
I think conventional wisdom is to buy when demand is down. Which with RVโ€™s would be winter, who buys an RV and lets it sit until spring? But there are other factors in play, too, Iโ€™d keep my eyes open for a good deal regardless of the time period.