cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find things

awalls
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, we just purchased a new 2017 Eclipse Stellar toy hauler, can anyone tell us where to find the handle for the spare tire rack? we have looked everywhere sensible & have not located it. They come with the RV do they not??? we have a handle for the Jacks but it is not the same size. It would suck to need the spare tire & not have a way to lower it for use. Thanks for any help.
16 REPLIES 16

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Correct its the same handle wrench needed for the scissor jacks. You don't say what trailer model... If 5er you should get two handle wrenches. Once for the scissor jacks/spare tire, and another for the front landing gear if the motor goes out.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

jandjbaums
Explorer
Explorer
Its the same as for the stab jacks I do believe.
  • 07 Toyota Tacoma double cab
  • 2011 Stellar 18cb TH

Rambino
Explorer
Explorer
Under the bed?
2016 Attitude 28SAG
2012 Ram 3500 CTD
2008 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad
2007 Kawasaki KFX 700

1slomofo
Explorer
Explorer
Mine came with two (slightly different handles on them but same opening on the end)

1 for the stab jacks and one smaller one for the spare.

They were both sitting inside the trailer, under the folding couch on top of the carpeted wheel well.

-2015 32SAG Eclipse Attitude Toyhauler
-2010 Mosebilt 2-seater Long Travel Sand Car
-2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax
-2006 Kawasaki Kfx400
-1984 Wife

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
That should have been a question during your PDI.
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Mine is stowed in the basement. A lug nut wrench would not work as the nut to raise/lower is well back under the rear stairs.

lightfoot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Our Voltage came with 2 handles. One for the spare the other for the front legs. They come from the factory with the correct handles, so call your dealer and find out who took yours out of the trailer and get a replacement, it should have been there during your initial inspection.
USN EN2
2012 Ford F250 SC, 6.7L TD
2015 Voltage 3200
2004 Honda GL1800 Reverse Trike

Muddydogs
Explorer
Explorer
I have an Eclipse Iconic, my spare tire hoist is just a nut one turns with a tire iron as its the same size as the lug nuts. Not sure about the Stellar. Trailers don't generally come with a tire changing jack or lug nut wrench so I don't know why they would come with a wrench to lower the tire.

You're going to need a lug nut wrench for the trailer anyway since I highly doubt that the trailer lugs are the same size as your tow vehicle.
2015 Eclipse Iconic Toy Hauler made by Eclipse Manufacturing which is a pile of junk. If you want to know more just ask and I'll tell you about cracked frames, loose tin, walls falling off, bad holding tanks and very poor customer service.

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
Call your dealer!
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Under the couch?

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
(we have looked everywhere sensible) top of cabinets?

(Dealer should give you one) 2nd that!!
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

momentum_rv
Explorer
Explorer
Dealer should give you one.
2015 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat

awalls
Explorer
Explorer
Owners manual tells us nothing & we have looked in all the cargo areas etc. Manufacturer should send us one correct?!

buta4
Explorer
Explorer
Owner's Manual?
Ray