cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Which 5th wheel factory tour would you recomend.

mowtown
Explorer
Explorer
My father and I are going to take a week to do some traveling some time in Feb and one thing we want to do is see a fifth wheel being made so I would like opinions on which factories we should visit.
21 REPLIES 21

edbehnke
Explorer
Explorer
get a hold of keystone.

Montana is one brand.

Goshen, Indiana
eddie and sandie
3402 Montana 2013
Ford F350 2015

2hams
Explorer
Explorer
You can also visit the Grand Design factory.

The RV museum has a scale model of a typical factory.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK
2019 GMC Denali 3500 D/A SRW

mslater
Explorer
Explorer
took the Heartland tour last sept.โ€ฆ.it started at 3:30 after the workers left, they turned off the lights. we walked around with the night lights on . what crap, you couldn't hardly see ,and i considered it dangerousโ€ฆ. so take a flashlight with you

MTPockets1
Explorer
Explorer
Take the Heartland tour where they build the Landmarks... It's impressive. We toured Bighorn/Landmark plant, Jayco, and a Winnebago facility... Ordered the Big Horn after comparing the details based on tours. In each case we called ahead and scheduled, but no problem in any getting appointments.
2012 3055RL Big Horn - Dexter upgraded axles - G rated LT Tires
MorRyde, Genset, Dual Panes, 2 A/C, Yeti Package
2013 F350 DRW 4x4 Crew King Ranch

Randu
Explorer
Explorer
DRV in Howe, IN will give you a view of what is different in a full time rig vs. a weekend unit. HEARTLAND I hear is a good tour but have not been there. NEWMAR is good if you want to see motorhomes. Randu
2017 Chevy 3500HD SRW Crew LTZ
4x4,Duramax, Allison.
2017 Jayco North Point 381DLQS
Previous: 2000 Travel Supreme
2005 Newmar Kountry Star
2008 Mobile Suites 36TK3

GrumpyandGrandm
Explorer
Explorer
You want to go from Florida to N. Indiana in February? Hats off to you..

With that said JAYCO has their FW factory tours a 12:00 Mon-Thurs. You need to call and get on the list or stop at the Visitor's Center and sign up. I recommend if your know what day and that you want to take their tour to call ahead.

Have a fun trip.
Grandma in front of her retirement home..
She lets Grumpy drive!!

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
If you are planning on visiting Northern Indiana (RV mecca) you have options galore. I've been on a few and whatever manufacturer you decide, you'll be watching whatever they are building on that day. They don't necessarily build only 5er or TT in any facility. They are almost always mixed, a 5er might be right beside a TT, and 2 different models might be right beside each other too.

Once you figure out where you'd like to go, or what brand your interested in, do an internet search for that manufacturer, search around on their web site and you will find a contact phone number somewhere, and some times even times and day of week for tours.

Once you've seen how one factory assembles RV's you've pretty much seen how all of them do it, even motorhomes (like Coachman near Middlebury, Indiana) and Dutchmen-Danali TT's and 5er's) in Goshen, Indiana.