cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

winter storage

shiba88
Explorer
Explorer
does anybody use a cover. are they worth the money and do they actually help thanks for any info
9 REPLIES 9

SteveB
Explorer
Explorer
I am covering mine this year with an Adco cover. My nieghbor's trees make a huge mess on it so I'll try it out.
2015 RAM 3500 CTD Auto 4X4 CC Dually, Reese 20K
SOLD 8/2015 '01 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD HO 6sp, Reese 15K Pro w/ Kwik Slide, Prodigy

'04 Jayco Jayflight 28.5RKS

ADAD437
Explorer
Explorer
I TAKE MINE TO FLORIDA, NO PROBLEM. LOL

James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit

๐Ÿ˜›

aruba5er
Explorer
Explorer
10 years outside without a cover and 1 year in yuma thru heat and sun. Uncovered. looks great, roof too. I do not wash it, I do not clean the roof and I do not wax it. I check the corners where the roof meets the Filon and never found a problem. I see a lot of campers in the south with mold on them. If I lived there I would wash it a lot (with bleach too) Mine sits in the wide open and the sun can dry it well.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I used an Adco cover on my previous FW. It was a nice, well made cover, but just more trouble than it was worth, due to high winds. I tried a lot of things to minimize the flapping, but it just wasn't working for me.

If you can store your rig where the wind is light, I think a cover is a good idea.

I now just cover the AC, and a few vents, to keep snow out. It is hard to find reasonable priced storage, when a 14' door is required.

Jerry

Norskeman
Explorer
Explorer
Used to cover it - had too much chafing on the edges and roof. Clean it up before we winterize it and no longer cover it.
2017 Keystone Avalanche 320RS
TV - 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
The RV covers let the RV breath, the poly tarps do not.
I would re-think using a poly tarp for storage.
Brian

stetwood
Explorer
Explorer
Total covers might be problematic with trapping moisture your 5ver in causing the formation of mold and mustiness.

ken07734
Explorer
Explorer
Well apparently I am using the dealer as my TT has a LOT of work to be done and I believe they may have it for the winter. I may get away with not paying for winter storage.

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
I use an ADCO cover. Do they help? Consider inside storage, price it out, then consider outside but under cover storage, price it out.

At that point, consider covers and look at it working for you for two years. Compare that to under cover. Best solution might be to put a full length tarp over your cover. Tarps are cheap but work for a year or two and add to the life of what is underneath... the cover...

Best of all, cover your sharp edges on your rig before you put the cover on. Make sure your rig is really sealed well because water will find it's way in if it finds a bad seal no matter what cover you have.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel