cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Full Time Address - AZ

mrnoyb
Explorer
Explorer
I'm an AZ resident going full time in AZ. Planning on the high country in summer and the desert in winter. DMV won't accept a PO Box or Rural Route for license & registration. Is there any issue with using an RV park address as official during the 6 month stays?

I appreciate any feedback. Thank you.
18 REPLIES 18

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
Using a campground address might work but if you're moving between campgrounds and not staying year-round, you still need a domicile address that can be used for everything year-round. Would the campground address handle your mail even when you move to another campground? You need an address for vehicle registrations, licenses, voter's record, medical insurance, Medicare, credit cards, etc. It should be one address used all the time for everything. That's where a mail service comes into play. It's your permanent address even if you move around.

LOADS of people have their desert address (where they register cars, DL, etc) and then put in a mail forwarding for 4-6 months for the summer to a park up in the mountains, a mail forwarder, their relatives, etc. The park isn't involved at all - because each site has a separate address and is delivered right to the mailbox by the PO worker.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
The rules of Az are simple. To be a AZ resident you must reside in Az for more then 6 Mts. (7Mts). Other wise you are a snow bird and do not need to Az address.
Using a camp ground as an address is not wise, especially if you do not keep the same lot number.
If you own a PARK model, then you can use it as your address. Mailing address then then be anything you want.

Please be careful, I would check with both Az DMV and the Az statues on residents. Plus I went with SD domicile because of the State Income Tax
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Oops.... but the stipulation is no P.O. box or no rural route. If the mail forwarding has a street address and you use the # sign, not PMB, I would guess it would be o.k. Other states use the mail forwarding address on the driver's license.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
TechWriter wrote:
2gypsies wrote:
Using a campground address might work but if you're moving between campgrounds and not staying year-round, you still need a domicile address that can be used for everything year-round.

Not true. Your one-size-fits-all answer doesn't hold up in OP's situation.

In AZ, he'd use a "residence" (ie, a campground) address on his driver's license application, but then specifying on that same form that his mailing address be used on his driver's license . . . and then everywhere else.

You can certainly try using a PMB as a residence address, but if that doesn't work, then you had better have a Plan B address.

My point being... if he's going to have an Arizona domicile, why not use the same address for everything? He has to get mail somewhere - use that address. His driver's license isn't the only place he'll need an address.

Because for an AZ driver's license, he needs a residence address. Unless you live at your PMB, you can't use it because it's not a residence.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
TechWriter wrote:
2gypsies wrote:
Using a campground address might work but if you're moving between campgrounds and not staying year-round, you still need a domicile address that can be used for everything year-round.

In AZ, he'd use a "residence" (ie, a campground) address on his driver's license application, but then specifying on that same form that his mailing address be used on his driver's license . . . and then everywhere else.

You can certainly try using a PMB as a residence address, but if that doesn't work, then you had better have a Plan B address.

My point being... if he's going to have an Arizona domicile, why not use the same address for everything? He has to get mail somewhere - use that address. His driver's license isn't the only place he'll need an address.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

cruiserjs
Explorer
Explorer
We live fulltime in an RV resort in Mesa and use that street address on all our official mail - vote registartion, drivers license etc. No problems.
Colorado Cruiser
Cruiser CF29CK 5th wheel; 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD, 2wd, short bed
wonderful lifetime traveling companion/spouse

noplace2
Explorer
Explorer
We've used my wife's sisters address as our legal residence for years. Once a month or so, we get in touch, tell her what to discard (most of it), and she then forwards the remainder via priority mail to wherever we happen to be. Has worked just fine and postage aside the 'service' is FREE!
โ€˜Love is whatโ€™s in the room with you if you stop opening presents and listen.โ€™ - Elain - age 8

mrnoyb
Explorer
Explorer
Us out West wrote:
Did you talk to the DMV or just read something?

online info from ADOT/MVD "Residentail address must be within Arizona and cannot be a P.O. Box or Rural Route"

just noticed they misspelled residential

also noticed a mailing address can be added if different from residential address

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
Why do you want to keep AZ as your state of residence? You are no longer tied to any one state. I'd be looking around for a cheaper state to be a resident of, like Oregon, Montana, South Dakota, Florida, to name a few. You could save serious money on registering your RV and save on your taxes in another state and still remain in AZ. I'd be shopping around.

Amen to that!
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:

www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We also full-time and are now residents of S Dakota. Not only does the mail service handle our mail and send it where we want, when we want, but we are assigned a street address that is used for our permanent address. The address is used for everything, including income taxes. I agree that you would be much better off to establish your residency in one of the states that are full-time resident friendly and then travel wherever you want. No state income taxes are a great incentive, but also the cost of licensing vehicles and the insurance is a big savings in most cases. Not mentioned above, another state used is TX.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Why do you want to keep AZ as your state of residence? You are no longer tied to any one state. I'd be looking around for a cheaper state to be a resident of, like Oregon, Montana, South Dakota, Florida, to name a few. You could save serious money on registering your RV and save on your taxes in another state and still remain in AZ. I'd be shopping around.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Aridon
Explorer
Explorer
We had a place that we stayed at more, so we used that address as our official DMV address. Everything else went to the mailbox for forwarding.

So long as the state items are addressed you can send the other stuff anywhere.
2019 Grand Design Momentum 395
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10

2014.5 DRV Atlanta (sold)

2008 Newmar 4330 (Modified) Sold

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
mrnoyb wrote:
I'm an AZ resident going full time in AZ. Planning on the high country in summer and the desert in winter. DMV won't accept a PO Box or Rural Route for license & registration. Is there any issue with using an RV park address as official during the 6 month stays?

I appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

Did you talk to the DMV or just read something?
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel