cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

fulltiming with dogs

joeonthecape
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning on taking the plunge, fulltiming next year,we want to take our 2 dogs with us. Has anyone fulltimed with a dog and if so did you have any problems we should be aware of. Both small dogs,,example do they ride well,,ever get motion sickness. Any help we would appricate thank you joeonthecape
20 REPLIES 20

joeonthecape
Explorer
Explorer
Joeonthecape,,thank you for your advise. Here is my main concert,,example we want to leave them alone in the rv for a few hrs while we go shopping or sight seeing,of course the ac will be on,does this sound doable. One dog never barks and dog 2 is a 3 bark and stop type. I guess its like leaving them at home when you go to work.Thank you for your help and advise.Joeonthecape

TCW
Explorer
Explorer
Over the years, we have RVed with as many as three dogs and a cat. We have had a number of emergencies and have always been satisfied with the services provided by veterinarians recommended by the campground owner/staff or long term visitors/local residents. You may want to checkout Blue Pearl and Banfield if you are interested in organizations with multiple locations around the country.

2lazy4U
Explorer
Explorer
RVing with Pets - ebook on Amazon - answers a lot of questions.

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
We have been full timing with one or two small dogs since we started 12 years ago. It hasn't been a problem and we have made lots of memories. We are planning on full timing in Europe and area for a year and the mutt is coming with us.

2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

mmccray100
Explorer
Explorer
I've been full timing with my 2 60 lb dogs for about a year now. I'm solo, so it's not without challenges. They travel well, though differently. One sits in the passenger seat, front paws hanging over the side of the seat, panting for the entire drive. The other sits on the sofa and I never hear a peep until we stop.

I do stop at almost all rest stops, ensuring they get to relieve themselves every 2-3 hours.

I also research, via Google, for Vets, just in case. And of course for their yearly shots.

I've never been turned away at a campground or RV Park, but only a few have any real areas to walk/exercise them. It would be great if more parks had a fenced area so I could let them off leash. Only the bigger cities have such facilities and I look for them when I can.

Do you have any specific concerns?

Mike

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
We have two Cockers. As with other emergency situations we like to do a GPS search for medical facilities for them and us. Our Rand McNally does a good job.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008