cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Year Around State?

beliveauj
Explorer
Explorer
If you were going to quit moving around which state do you think is best for year around living in your RV?Just starting to think about doing that.
Jim & Jeanne fulltiming and loving it.
Buddy and Emma (Silky Terriers)
2003 Ford F350 Crew Cab "King Ranch" Power Stroke 6.0
2007 Mobile Suites 36SB3 Extra Class Amateur Radio Operator
26 REPLIES 26

Explorer II
Explorer II
Texas Hill Country north of San Antonio.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
AuntSmurf wrote:
We would seriously consider the Southern Missouri/Northern Arkansas area. Winters aren't too brutal, and summers won't melt you entirely.

That also catches the eastern edge of Oklahoma, SE corner of Kansas, same terrain and climate, lots of resrvoirs on Arkansas River system.

I would also consider central to southern part of Mississippi, just above the Delta and coastal plain; N Carolina inland from the coast, and NE S Carolina. East Texas has a lot of similarity to these areas, and maybe better tax climate.

For a drier climate, more remote from urban America, southern New Mexico or West Texas. SE Arizona.

I've thought about living in the western mountains, but just don't care that much for mountain winters.

Grew up in Michigan, like Michigan, Wisconsin in summers, but winters are no longer the fun they were in my youth.

Lived in Central Florida for two years, thought about it when I retired, looked at property during the winter, but remembered my summers. I have a brother, several cousins living in Florida for 5-9 months of the year, but they all have northern retreats for summer.

With respect to climate, I could very well live year round in southern France, but my French would have to get much better.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
It is very much a personal decision.
After wandering all over the country for 11 years we ended up in Palisade CO (abuts Grand Junction).

Gets cold in the winter part of the time but is warm in the sun even then. It has over 300 days with sun per year. Altitude is about 5000 feet.
The best peaches in the country are grown there. Lots of vineyards and wineries.

Great medical complex.

Hottest month is July - Ave high = 94.1 Ave low = 63.5
Coldest month is Jan - Ave high = 40 Ave low = 17.6
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad

Les_Balty
Explorer
Explorer
We are not fully retired yet, but live full-time in our Winnebago DP and Raptor TT in Nacogdoches, TX. I think I'd rather live just about anywhere in Texas than anywhere else.
Les Balty

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
Been living in W. Washington year round pretty much since 1950. Hasn't killed me yet.
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!

beliveauj
Explorer
Explorer
Well thanks for all the help but guess we have to decide for ourselves.Thanks People
Jim & Jeanne fulltiming and loving it.
Buddy and Emma (Silky Terriers)
2003 Ford F350 Crew Cab "King Ranch" Power Stroke 6.0
2007 Mobile Suites 36SB3 Extra Class Amateur Radio Operator

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not retired yet and plan to travel when I do. I will look at different areas in my travel to decide on a last place.

Larryzv7
Explorer
Explorer
I like California because it has such a diverse landscape; you can camp year round in the sunny wine valleys, among the biggest in the world redwood tree forests, or in the Mojave Desert, right next to the ocean, or in the snow of the high Sierra mountains. California has National Parks and over 200-State parks.
2012 Ford F-150 3.5L w/Ecoboost
2012 Heartland Prowler 5th Wheel

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
Well, there you have it. Answers all over the map, based on the posters' personal preferences and likes.

Bottom line - pick a place that you like and settle down.
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

hitchup
Explorer
Explorer
When we finally get to full retirement and quit traveling, we'll probably end up back in Georgia for the majority of our time.

We own a lot in the North GA MTs near our Children/GK. When Winter hits, we'll probably move over to the Coast or to South GA, near the FL state line.
2014 DRV Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3....our custom home
2014 Ford F450 KR CC 4x4......his office
2015 Lance 1172 TC.....mobile Motel FOR SALE
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005

"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars."

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
Middle Tennessee is nice also.
2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304,Cummins ISL 425hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed,Ready Brute Elite TowBar/Brake,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487

Luna_C
Explorer
Explorer
the state of indecision

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
LynnandCarol wrote:
Tend to agree with NW Florida. And the arm pit as some call it has never seen a Hurricane! We may try south TX this year. Two months of hot, but unless you are North, it is hot everywhere for the July/August months. Was 110 last year in southern MO.

Better check the history. Lots of hurricanes have hit that area over the years. There is not a spot in Florida that has not been hit.

Here is a link to history: Hurricane Tracks

But I would still pick NW Florida for year round living.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
California, although I live here and not a full-timer but retired. I do RV/Camp year round.

With its 6 Temperate Zones you can pick what you want to see and do at any time of the year. Moving when you want a change of scenery or temperature.

Plus it has some of the Country's best natural wonders. As for the crowds. With planning or on a whim I have never had a problem going and doing what I want.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C