cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada barring folks still

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Thought it interesting, Families of the Tampa Bay Lightning Hockey team were barred from attending the Canadian games.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/tampa-bay-lightning-family-members-denied-entry-to-canada-for-stanley...
Dont know how it was handled for the Games in Tampa. But if things were going to loosen anytime soon, you would think this would be one of the first things.
10 REPLIES 10

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Mockturtle, totally agree. And the NHL failed Lightning, too--by not completing or securing the agreement between US and Canada and covering it up to the Lightning team. There should be some retribution to the NHL committee by the team players. What was the agreement for Canadian families to come to the US and under what restrictions to attend games? Was that a coverup, too? The NHL is the main culprit here; these games should not have been played; time to change sitting members of NHL with some honest people. Yes, I believe it was intentional!!

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
California is rising too, Diplo. 😞
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

DiploStrat
Explorer
Explorer
Probably worth noting that while the US national death rate is dropping, our infection rate is rising again, especially in states like Michigan. Rising infection rates will lead to rising death rates. Note that the US infection rate for the unvaccinated is nearly as high as it ever was.

Get your shots, people!
DiploStrat

===========================

1990 Mercedes Benz 917/XPCamper

mockturtle
Explorer II
Explorer II
If Canada chooses to shoot herself in the foot, far be it from me to interfere. 😉
And go Lightning!!!
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
SideHillSoup wrote:
Ever since The Leafs lost, ( again) hockey hasn’t been essential service .... 🙂 ...... :W

The last cup they won in '67 earned me a .25c bet. Good thing I didn't invest it in the Leafs.

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
Ever since The Leafs lost, ( again) hockey hasn’t been essential service .... 🙂 ...... :W
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

phil-t
Explorer
Explorer
wanderingaimlessly wrote:
Apparently, they are reopening to fully vaccinated folks on July 6th. NHL should have just waited I guess.

That's tomorrow at 1 minute after midnight - and only for "eligable" fully vaccinated folks. Like Canadian Citizens. The border is not opening to the general public!
2014 Allegro 36LA

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Apparently, they are reopening to fully vaccinated folks on July 6th. NHL should have just waited I guess.

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
And what gives the families the right to enter a foreign country. Far as I'm aware, hockey is not one of lifes essentials.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Canadians are being careful and it’s their country.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad