cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1951 Prevost

haydoracin
Explorer
Explorer
a friend of mine is in San Marcos Texas and sent me these pictures. Apparently this is one of one Prevost MHs built in 1951. It was owned by a gentleman from Montana.

Hayden & Jan
1994 Southwind 33L P-Chassis 454
2006 Chevrolet HHR
OTY (Mini Dachsund)
24 REPLIES 24

NOT_A_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
it's a gorgeous motorhome. When I saw it I didn't realise how rare it was, and how little info there is on it. Hopefully he'll bring it out again and I can get more info on it.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would guess that in 1951 it would be only 96" wide, instead of the 102" we have now. That is a nice looking coach.

Bruce_Brown
That's pretty sweet.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

tragusa3
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful!
New to us 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
Join us on the road at Rolling Ragu on YouTube!

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
NOT A Camper....thanks for the information!!! That is a really neat motorhome for sure.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

NOT_A_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone out there in RV land. I am not an RVer and I know this is an old post but I joined up just so I could add a few things to the post.

First of all you're all wrong about it having Montana or Colorado plates, it actually has MANITOBA plates and the owner is from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

It showed up at a car show a couple months ago and when I tried to find more about it I came across this forum.

Here's what I found out about it from the owner. It is 1 of only one ever built. It was built by MR Prevost himself. The owner uses it alot and most (if not all) of the interior is orignal. Unfortunatly I didn't get any interior shots.

frankdamp
Explorer
Explorer
I agree on the "bus conversion". It still has the old destination indicator above the windshield.

Some years back, I saw a conversion of a 30' Leyland double decker bus. It still had the roller in the destination indicator with all the original routes in it, and the owner's kids kept changing the display. I don't think I'm brave enough to drive a 14' 6" tall RV!
Frank Damp, DW - Eileen, pet - female Labrador (10 yrs old), location Anacortes, WA, retired RVers (since Dec 2014)

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
CKNSLS wrote:
I wonder if he runs in to the "10 year rule?"

Not when you tell the "resort" your driving a Prevost! :B
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
Deano56 wrote:
Executive wrote:
haydoracin wrote:
It was owned by a gentleman from Montana.

But, it has Colorado plates on it....:h:h...still cool tho...Dennis

you must have good eyes to tell that!

Both states have lots of vanity plates, so it could be either one. But it is definitely neither the basic Montana nor the Colorado plate.

Either way, it's a cool bus.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
Deano56 wrote:
Executive wrote:
haydoracin wrote:

Both states have lots of vanity plates, so it could be either one. But it is definitely neither the basic Montana nor the Colorado plate.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Way cool
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder if that bus came with a gas engine when it was new?

Many came with 500+ cubic inch engines back in the 50's. It was not until around 1960 when they started using diesel engines on a regular basis, starting out with the 6V71 two stroke Detroit diesel. That engine was also used in train service, many times as a generator on the diner car. . .

Looks great! I bet it has a Detroit 71 series or 92 series engine in it now. . .

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

Deano56
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
haydoracin wrote:

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
First Prevost I like. Thanks for posting the pics.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53