cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 full baths now?

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
So periodically I poke around at the new offerings. I like to keep myself abreast of what's out there in case the bug to buy a new Dp hits me hard enough. I like the Sportscoach for a lot of reasons. Mainly it's in my budget and I love the full length salon bunk. Granted I don't think they are the nicest coach out there but that's discussion for another day. SO I came across this model which I have never seen before and low and behold it has 2 full baths. I am not in the market for 2 full baths - I barely have an appreciation for 1.5. But I thought this was interesting. is this where it's headed? One thing of note, how can even an entry level DP have a setup where a bungee cord is required to hold the refer shut? Seriously?

I do like the light interior and layout. What kinds of slides are they?

link
2013 ACE 29.2
15 REPLIES 15

CrossCountryNom
Explorer
Explorer
lj2654 wrote:
I can only wish my budget included a new DP. 1 1/2 bath is a waste as their are only two of us. two baths is crazy ridiculous unless you have a lot of company, or wild parties!

There are only two of us and a bath and half works out great. We used to have the same opinion as yours about it being a waste. But once having that setup we would never return to just one bath.
Retired Air Force - 20 years - AFTAC and 1CEVG
2012 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2006 Chevy HHR - toad

1967 Olds Cutlass slideshow

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
There is nothing wrong with a two bath unit if that's what a buyer wants. One thing is for sure, if the manufacturer didn't build in a water pump system that can handle two showers at the same time, there will be problems.

As I recall, in our previous coach, if someone was in the shower and the toilet needed to be flushed, it was a 'no go'. A flush would cause the shower to come to a dribble.

Our current coach can handle ALL water functions without a sweat. 😄

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Concerning the slides, got a camping buddy with a Damon Challenger with the same system called an Accu Slide. Used cable to move the slide in and out. Seems to work pretty well just I wouldn't want to have to rethread a new cable.

Accu Slide
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

X-OEM
Explorer
Explorer
The bungee cord also serves the all important function of making sure all doors on the fridge open at the same spilling their contents simultaneously. No incremental spillage is permitted here. A nice feature for newbies and veterans alike 🙂

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I will answer your question about the Bungee cord on the Fridge.

That is a Residential model.. It does not have a proper LATCH like an RV type fridge does, so it needs to be "Tied" shut in motion.

I used to have a small "Dorm/Office" type fridge (About the size of the mini-bar at a hotel) and I did the same thing with it when traveling.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Unless you are full timers with several children, 2 fulls sounds ridiculous.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Mondooker
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Effy,

In December I ordered the 2018 Coachmen SportsCoach 407FW. It's the bath and a half with 2 traditional bunks on a full wall slide. We were looking at the 408 you're talking about as well but didn't like how the full bath pushed the TV and Fireplace so close to the couch!

There are three models in the SportsCoach this year. The 404 is a bath and a half (huge rear bath) and has the drop down bunk (like the 408), the 407 mentioned above and of course the 408. Did you see the 404 and 407 by the way?

I love the coach and should have it somewhere between middle of March to 1st of April. I'm sure looking forward to it, that I can tell you for sure!

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
We saw a Foretravel Realm at the Tampa RV show that had midship bunks and two full baths. It was obviously built for a family. It was a 45' coach and, even at that length, the space for the bunks and the two baths did make for a smaller living and kitchen area.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
I see there is a bunk option so it appears to be designed for families. If that's the case then it likely makes sense for that market.

The bunk is a salon bunk. I think Sportscoach is the only one to offer it. I wish they would show in the photo, but basically the ceiling over the dinette and sofa drops down for one long bunk. Large enough for 2 kids end to end. It's one of the main reasons I really like it. Really think it would be nice for our teenage son. One of the reasons I always liked the challenger 37kt, basically has it's own other "room". Love to see that floorplan in a dp.

Here's a video of the bunk.

salon bunk
2013 ACE 29.2

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I see there is a bunk option so it appears to be designed for families. If that's the case then it likely makes sense for that market.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

ccxnola
Explorer
Explorer
We only have one - and most times it works out fine. But there have been times when she (who went to be with Jesus and the Angels on Nov. 10, 2016 and left me without a co-pilot / navigator) was in there and I really needed the place for a few seconds!! I made it to the Park Restrooms just in-time - but I am sure I looked silly running there in my bathrobe!! Now...the one holer is just fine.
2001 National Tradewinds 7370 mid-entry DP w/CAT 3126b Diesel
Look for the Mardi Gras 'Gators - Laissez le bon temps roulez - Let the good times roll!!

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think it just has to do with a mfg wanting to offer something that few others do, not because there's a real demand for it all.

When we were buying, we thought it would be neat to have one and half baths. As it turns out for us,it was a waste of space - we only use the main one.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
1 bathroom is enough for us, even when kids and grandkids visit it isn't a problem. If 7 people can manage without problems, I sure don't know why a couple(2)people would need a 1.5 or 2 bathroom unit.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
That's quite an impressive machine there! Sure is one handsome critter, I will say! But, it does seem like a lot of wasted space for a 2nd full bathroom. But you know, there is always someone looking for something different. I'm sure someone will buy it and love it to death. I would prefer only 1 bathroom and more space in the living room myself.... "Different strokes for different folks!" 🙂