cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2005 Freightliner chassis heat/ac problem.

teamrope
Explorer
Explorer
The fan works but won't heat or cool. Any idea what the problem might be?
13 REPLIES 13

SuzzeeeQ2012
Explorer
Explorer
on ours, the heat is coming out the top, but it's still freezing in the coach. we're now home, and I hope that I don't have to wear a face mask, gloves and long underwear on our trip. How annoying lol

On the other hand, I loved the drive. well, except the 12 volt plug doesn't work to charge my phone while we're driving. and, I was frozen.
1997 HR Endeavor Turbo Diesel

SuzzeeeQ2012
Explorer
Explorer
We're driving our new ( to us) 1999 endeavor (freightliner) home and we're vexing (Editing lol darned auto correct lol that should have been freezing) to death so will read the rest pdf the thread to figure out why hopefully
1997 HR Endeavor Turbo Diesel

Gypsy1
Explorer
Explorer
Freightliner has a 24/7 day customer service number with tech's on duty that will walk you through your problem. This free service for FL owners is top shelf, all you need is your VIN# . These guys really know their stuff and are extremely helpful. 800-385-4357
Winny, Journey WKP32T, Cummins ISB 275 HP, Allison 2000MH, 5 speed Auto, Raptor Air Dog fuel pump, towing 2012 Nisson Xterra 4X4 Auto W/ drive shaft disconnect!

teamrope
Explorer
Explorer
boba wrote:
i just had my 2007 fleetwood serviced for the same issue. the ac turned out to be a leak at a seal and the heat was a stuck value under the body(sorry i don't have a better explanation)

On the heat side that gives me an idea where to start. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

teamrope
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:
I have a 2005 FL. My fan blows but the AC randomly shuts off. Haven't tried the heater.
Blows ice cold for 1 to 3 hours and shuts off. When it shuts of the front condensir fan just behind the genset continues to run but the compressor disengages.
Is your condensor fan run? You can plainly hear it. It is a standard electric radiator fan like on a small car.

You might call Freightliner.

I can't recall ever hearing the condenser fan run. Beginning to think I might have to give Valley Freightliner a call, just hoping it is something simple I can do myself.

teamrope
Explorer
Explorer
wolfe10 wrote:
More info please:

Does the air from the fan come out the vents that you select?

With engine warmed up, you get no heat, but air flow, or no air flow? If air flow, but no heat, have someone turn the heat selector while you look under the hood at the heater valve to see if it is opening.

And, the A/C is not related to heater other than air flow. Do you have air flow from the vents selected? If so, does the A/C compressor come on? If on, no cold air?

And, if the air from the fan only comes out the defrost vents, check the vacuum pump and lines that control the dash HVAC. But, if this is the problem, you should be able to get hot air and cold air with the A/C on.

Air flow works fine in all selected positions, it just doesn't get warm when I need warm or cold when I need cold.

boba
Explorer
Explorer
i just had my 2007 fleetwood serviced for the same issue. the ac turned out to be a leak at a seal and the heat was a stuck value under the body(sorry i don't have a better explanation)

jeepfreak
Explorer
Explorer
Did you check to see if the air is coming out thru the defrost duct? A lot of OEM use the default to defrost if the system looses vacuum. If you have a pusher the vacuum pump may be bad.
2007 Allegro 34wa Workhorse 8.1, Allison 6-speed. Bow Tie powered 79 CJ-7 Toad or 2014 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon Toad

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a 2005 FL. My fan blows but the AC randomly shuts off. Haven't tried the heater.
Blows ice cold for 1 to 3 hours and shuts off. When it shuts of the front condensir fan just behind the genset continues to run but the compressor disengages.
Is your condensor fan run? You can plainly hear it. It is a standard electric radiator fan like on a small car.

You might call Freightliner.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
More info please:

Does the air from the fan come out the vents that you select?

With engine warmed up, you get no heat, but air flow, or no air flow? If air flow, but no heat, have someone turn the heat selector while you look under the hood at the heater valve to see if it is opening.

And, the A/C is not related to heater other than air flow. Do you have air flow from the vents selected? If so, does the A/C compressor come on? If on, no cold air?

And, if the air from the fan only comes out the defrost vents, check the vacuum pump and lines that control the dash HVAC. But, if this is the problem, you should be able to get hot air and cold air with the A/C on.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

teamrope
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna, that would be a yes.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you talking about the dash AC/heat?
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Have you cycled through the thermostat to the correct setting?
2014 American Eagle