cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2006 jayco granite ridge where is water tank and pump

mmtt
Explorer
Explorer
can anyone tell me where I might look for the water pump and water tank I have looked every where !
12 REPLIES 12

Salianron
Explorer
Explorer
A previous motorhome pump would airlock anytime we ran the fresh water tank dry. The solution was to use city (campground) water flow and pressure to force the trapped air through the running pump.
Salianron --Sally and Ron
2003 Roadtrek 200 Popular

golfknut
Explorer
Explorer
Did you try pumping in some water from a bucket?

If that didn't work and the pump sounded like it was running ok, lift the bucket up to a point so it is above the water connection on the utility center (with the hose still in the bucket). This can help in getting it primed. In the past I have had trouble with it priming and that helped. I haven't had any trouble with it lately when I open two faucets inside before turning the pump on.

As far as getting the pump out I have often wondered how that is accomplished. The utility center "face plate" must have to come off to gain access to it as it is right behind it and there is no way to reach up underneath to get to it.
2018 Newmar Canyon Star 3513

mmtt
Explorer
Explorer
golfnut Thanks for the picture our looks a lot like yours do you know the best way to get the pump out ?

mmtt
Explorer
Explorer
Thank You so much we tried that too and no water pumped into tank ! it must be we need a new pump. I was hoping maybe air in line or something we were missing.
Thanks again any other thoughts or suggestions ??

golfknut
Explorer
Explorer
Turn on a faucet before turning the pump on and see if that makes a difference.

Also, try hooking a short water hose to the water inlet connection and throw the other end into a bucket of water and set your utility center settings to "Antifreeze/Sanitize Lines"(I assume your setting selections are the same as on our rig) and then turn the pump on.
Open a couple faucets inside before turning the pump on. This will pump the water out of the bucket into the water lines in your motorhome.

mmtt
Explorer
Explorer
Yep normal is to pump water out of tank when dry camping. I am not sure if there is air in line, the water hose vibrates but no pumping and not sure how to check for air. Not sure why not working how do you prime the pump ?

golfknut
Explorer
Explorer
You asked in your other thread about the "normal" setting on the utility center and if any other settings had to be changed.

"Normal" is the correct setting when using the pump to pump water from the on-board water tank.

golfknut
Explorer
Explorer
Are you having trouble getting your pump to prime?

mmtt
Explorer
Explorer
Thank You all I am thinking I might have a pressure issue or air lock I will repost and see if any one has idea to get the air out of lines

golfknut
Explorer
Explorer
On our 2005 the water pump is up behind the panel in the utility center....upper right hand corner.

Our water tank I believe is mounted on the chassis between the rails.....along with the black and gray tanks.

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
In our old Escapade, the Manual says the fresh tank is under a cabinet or sofa. That would put it on the floor. It's actually under the floor, transversely across the coach, pretty much over the axle. I'd expect a GrannyRidge to be laid out a little more nicely, but our pump is on the kitchen floor under the oven. Yep, in otherwise useful space, along with a patchwork of valves for tank fill and winterization.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

GrumpyandGrandm
Explorer
Explorer
Look at the upper left hand side of the utility compartment for the pump (behind the aluminum panel) Not sure about the water tank, but my guess is right above the tank low point drain and probably above the axle.
Grandma in front of her retirement home..
She lets Grumpy drive!!