Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2006 Winnebago Outlook Flashing gas indicator on fridge

pwrchrd
Explorer
Explorer
Greetings,

Last trip out, toward the end, the light on the fridge that indicates its running on gas started flashing and the fridge was warming up. Stove still lit fine. Led panel said I had a 1/3 LP left. Gauge on LP tank said 1/2. Fill up the tank, which I suspect is 7-20 gals and it only took 3 gals. Flashing light stopped. Does this sound like a faulty meter? Should it flash at a 1/2 tank?

Confused.
Kurt
8 REPLIES 8

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
2009 Itasca, did the same thing. Remove and clean the burner and re adjust the probe. I believe 3/16 inch away from the burner. I tried just wedging a wire brush and scraping but light issue

came back. it also had some carbon inside the tube that needed to come out.

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
depending on the model refer it could be the piece that controls the switchover from elec to gas. This happened to use 2 summers ago. Worked on elec not gas anyhow had a mobil tech comeover and $150 later it was fixed. Part cost me around 65 and $75 or so for service call. Bought a spare part off the net for $25 brand new. Let me know if you need details more than above. It was a white electric box about 1&1/4 inch wide by 3 inches long had 3 wires to it. Controls the fuel valve I think

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
I doubt your LP level and fridge malfunction are related.

First thing you want to do is make sure the burner is clean and the flue unobstructed. I had a piece of scale drop from the flue down onto my burner and cause all kinds of grief. If the gas jet can be checked, check it and behind it in case there's an obstruction there. If you are still having issues check the gas pressure.

In general the blinking light is a malfunction indicator.

I'm betting you hace a dirty burner like others have said.
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Dirty burner clean it off, happened to me a couple times.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

cgmartine
Explorer
Explorer
Were you parked? Could it involve having a level coach?

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
In cases like this the Make/Model of the Fridge is more important than the Coach it's installed in. Please post that info. In Tech Issues is better, because any fridge is used in many types of RV.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

pwrchrd
Explorer
Explorer
Yea, but why would refueling it appear to fix the issues if it was an ignitor issue?
Kurt

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
That happened on our 2005 Itasca once - a flashing yellow gas light on the refrigerator's front panel.

The problem was that the refrigerator's controller was detecting that the gas burner would not light. I put a new igniter in it and it took right off. I probably could have just scraped off the tip of the igniter but put a new one in instead, since it was only around $15 for a new one. Now I carry another igniter with me as a spare. I carry a spare hot water heater igniter along, too.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C