cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2009 Fleetwood Bounder 38P

OktsCamp
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all, think we finally found a floor plan that both the wife and I can live with...2009 Fleetwood Bounder 38P, triple slide unit, Ford V10, very low miles, in great shape. Has most of everything we would ever want / need. I have done some research on NADA and the price is certainly good. Looking for any general info, thoughts on the particular unit, positive or negative. Haven't seen a lot of Bounder subjects when I did the search.

Thanks
Mike
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38P, 6.8L V10
2002 Honda CRV, 5 spd manual, Blue Ox & Brake Buddy
10 REPLIES 10

OktsCamp
Explorer
Explorer
Trigger pulled...made the deal just a few minutes ago, subject to many things of course. See what the next week brings, this could be our new camping unit. Excited...thanks for the feedback

WILDEBILL308
Explorer II
Explorer II
OktsCamp wrote:
dahkota wrote:
Just curious - what is the cargo capacity on that unit? I think it is on a 24K chassis...

It is a 24K chassis, unsure of its unloaded weight...she's a big unit. NOthing in the brochure on its CCC.

There will bee a data pate in the coach in one of the cabinets or look on the wall by the drivers seat.
Lots of Bounders out there.
http://www.bounder.org/
Bill
2008 Newmar Mountain Aire
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
ALLISON 4000 MH TRANSMISSION
TOWING 2014 HONDA CRV With Blue Ox tow bar
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain

OktsCamp
Explorer
Explorer
dahkota wrote:
Just curious - what is the cargo capacity on that unit? I think it is on a 24K chassis...

It is a 24K chassis, unsure of its unloaded weight...she's a big unit. NOthing in the brochure on its CCC.

Southwind98
Explorer
Explorer
timmac wrote:
I don't know why the company stop making them, other brands offer electric, I would rather have electric over hydraulic, leaking seals, fluid gets moisture, pump burns out, etc, etc.

I agree, would whether have the electric jacks now that I have corrected the design flaws. The first two years were very frustrating when you ready to leave and the jacks would malfunction. Here's 56 pages of how the issues were solved by poster's with the same problems over something like two years.

Power Gear Electric Jacks
Will & Michelle
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38P
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
1990 Jeep Wrangler

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Southwind98 wrote:
.The RV for the most part has been trouble free. The only real issue would be if the 2009 is equipped with the power gear electric jacks, at some point they stop using them because moisture would get in the jack and cause corrosion on the brake..

I don't know why the company stop making them, other brands offer electric, I would rather have electric over hydraulic, leaking seals, fluid gets moisture, pump burns out, etc, etc.

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
I got a 08 Bounder 32W, love it, great quality, low price, not sure if the 09 your looking at is pre BK Fleetwood or not.

Southwind98
Explorer
Explorer
We love ours, it was the floor plan that the wife fell in love with. Our 2008 38P is on the Workhorse 24 series chassis with Allison transmission, so can't comment on the FordV10.The RV for the most part has been trouble free. The only real issue would be if the 2009 is equipped with the power gear electric jacks, at some point they stop using them because moisture would get in the jack and cause corrosion on the brake.There are a lot of threads on how to correct this and since I applied some of the solutions to my jacks they been trouble free. Overall we are very happy with ours! Good luck with your future purchase.
Will & Michelle
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38P
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
1990 Jeep Wrangler

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
gemert wrote:
Don't really know anything about Bounders but there are tons of them on the road? They are all over the place. That has to mean something.

What he said. You can connect with other Bounder owners over in www.Irv2.com
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

gemert
Explorer
Explorer
Don't really know anything about Bounders but there are tons of them on the road? They are all over the place. That has to mean something.
Jerry
Chief USN Retired
2003 Beaver Patriot Thunder C-12 505HP
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4