cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2016 Storm shows daylight at rear of motorhome at floor

bevsguyrich
Explorer
Explorer
Just purchased a new 2016 Fleetwood Storm 30L out here in Arizona. It already had 2000+ miles on it as delivery mileage. We have put about 800 miles on it. I got up one morning and happened to glance down and was shocked to see daylight coming in at floor level where the floor meets the rear wall. This is a solid wall without a slide. Is this a manufacturing defect? I am sure that this is going to suck dust, dirt, and water up into my brand new motorhome. I'm wondering where else this mh is not as tight as it should be. I'm having the dealer check it out, (if I can ever get in). Is this common? Any thoughts?

Bevsguyrich
Bevsguyrich
20 REPLIES 20

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
barmcd wrote:
Effy wrote:
s N s wrote:
RedRollingRoadblock wrote:
frankdamp wrote:
Just make sure they don't "fix" it with a strip of duct tape!
Or at least make sure they use the silver kind as it holds up longer. Good Luck!

Is there a problem with being a first time poster????? I'm sure you were one once upon a time.

"Sorry" this was supposed to be quoting "EFFY" quote.

Nope not at all. Just that I've seen this on here countless times before. New member, doesn't fill out anything on the profile page, then a rant, then nothing. Like I said, maybe I'm wrong - it happens a lot, and maybe it's legit, but we'll see. But if I were a betting man....

So you're not a "benefit of doubt" kind of guy?

Why don't we wait and see what happens. Then you can criticize my comment.
2013 ACE 29.2

barmcd
Explorer
Explorer
Effy wrote:
s N s wrote:
frankdamp wrote:
Or at least make sure they use the silver kind as it holds up longer. Good Luck!

Is there a problem with being a first time poster????? I'm sure you were one once upon a time.

Nope not at all. Just that I've seen this on here countless times before. New member, doesn't fill out anything on the profile page, then a rant, then nothing. Like I said, maybe I'm wrong - it happens a lot, and maybe it's legit, but we'll see. But if I were a betting man....

So you're not a "benefit of doubt" kind of guy?

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
s N s wrote:
frankdamp wrote:

2013 ACE 29.2

msturtz
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately this is all too common. It is likely that the sidewalls were not secured to the frame. It would depend on how your coach was manufactured most of them the body is directly bolted to the frame and the sidewalls should be secured to the floor and frame. I have had to do this myself using angle bracket screwed into the floor and then into the sidewall. I also used body adhesive to hold it all together. The dealer should be able to fix it.
FMCA member

icanon
Explorer
Explorer
Don't you know that's the way they build them? It's called 'air exchangers'.
Loving wife and 2 beautiful daughters.
Chocolate Lab, Lily
2014 Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi 5.7 with 3.92
2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 290BHSL
ProPride 3P Hitch
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Love my Weber Q1200
Me a Happy man on retirement!!!

njtony
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry. But yet ready to do without my for a long while.

njtony
Explorer
Explorer
Can u say LAWYER?

njtony
Explorer
Explorer
Can u get your money back ? Or just trade it,.... Sounds like Big trouble !

RV_daytrader
Explorer
Explorer
frankdamp wrote:

I would insist on them using eternabond !!:)
YODA...our lil Toyota!
1989 Toyota Seabreeze

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
What about the critters, reptiles, etc. that can crawl through the opening?
That is definitely sorry QC and would certainly expect much better from a Fleetwood product or any manufacturer for that matter.

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Sad !
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
frankdamp wrote:

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Curious to see how this goes. First time poster, joined today with no info on their profile only to report issues. Could be legit but we'll see.
2013 ACE 29.2

frankdamp
Explorer
Explorer
Frank Damp, DW - Eileen, pet - female Labrador (10 yrs old), location Anacortes, WA, retired RVers (since Dec 2014)