cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

3rd time to the repair shop for our Endeavor

SuzzeeeQ2012
Explorer
Explorer
Well, there is a loud hissing when we turn the motorhome off.

We've had it in two times for this before. This shop works on tractors, semi's and motorhomes. The air bag was replaced.

Yesterday, we drove it home from the shop after the heater was fixed (different shop) and when he turned it off, loud hissing front driver's side.

Taking it in again tomorrow. These guys sure don't seem to know what they're doing....we're in a fairly small town, so not a lot of options.

we are supposed to head south next Monday. Hope we make it!
1997 HR Endeavor Turbo Diesel
23 REPLIES 23

SuzzeeeQ2012
Explorer
Explorer
P Kennedy wrote:
Sounds like you are describing one of the ride height leveling valves, it should have an arm that connects with a bolt usually. Usually 2 mounting bolts and 2 air lines one in and one out to the bag(s).

yep. That's it.

SuzzeeeQ2012
Explorer
Explorer
He drove it to the shop (25 miles away) me thinks they should reimburse us some $$$ for gas. 4 times (50 miles round trip) lots of diesel wasted.

The gauges are up while he's driving. I wonder why this leaks when he stops.

hmmmmm

SuzzeeeQ2012
Explorer
Explorer
Well, we took it in for the THIRD time yesterday and he said he adjusted it.

My husband drove it down to get propane, and do some stuff.

Drives back in the driveway, and it's HISSING again.

I'm about ready to explode.

It's Friday. They'll get to it Monday maybe?

that's the day we were leaving.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
SuzzeeeQ2012 wrote:
DSDP Don wrote:
What year is your coach.....you didn't say. Unless it's new, you DON'T have a Freightliner chassis....you have a Roadmaster chassis. It might help to diagnose the issue with more coach info.

it says right on the panel "Freightliner" ๐Ÿ™‚

it's a 1997.

Monaco used the Freightliner chassis until sometime in 2000 for the Holiday Rambler. My 2000 has the Freightliner chassis. I've never seen a 2001 on a Freightliner chassis however.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

P_Kennedy
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you are describing one of the ride height leveling valves, it should have an arm that connects with a bolt usually. Usually 2 mounting bolts and 2 air lines one in and one out to the bag(s).
2007 Triple E 305RL
2007 Dodge C&C 9' Falcan Deck

SuzzeeeQ2012
Explorer
Explorer
thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

msturtz
Explorer
Explorer
SuzzeeeQ2012 wrote:
so, it's what my husband calls the leveler. That's what is leaking. The valve that regulates the air bag. I looked and it's a metal piece. Sorry to be so stupid lol

You are not "stupid " just because you don't understand the intracies of an air system on a motor coach. The point of these forums is to share ideas and educate people. That said if any part of the air system is leaking then it needs to be repaired prior to operation. This includes the air ride system. Again please don't feel bad or dumb for asking questions it's how we learn.
FMCA member

SuzzeeeQ2012
Explorer
Explorer
so, it's what my husband calls the leveler. That's what is leaking. The valve that regulates the air bag. I looked and it's a metal piece. Sorry to be so stupid lol

SuzzeeeQ2012
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
SuzzeeeQ2012 wrote:
I'm at home. Forgot to answer.

LMAO...that wasn't a "What are you wearing?" type of question..:W

You said you had little confidence in the repair shop. I thought someone on here might be able to guide you to a better shop in the area....Dennis

there is only one shop.

I actually thought that there was a concern that I was on the road. THAT's why I answered that way ๐Ÿ™‚

SuzzeeeQ2012
Explorer
Explorer
DSDP Don wrote:
What year is your coach.....you didn't say. Unless it's new, you DON'T have a Freightliner chassis....you have a Roadmaster chassis. It might help to diagnose the issue with more coach info.

it says right on the panel "Freightliner" ๐Ÿ™‚

it's a 1997.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
SuzzeeeQ2012 wrote:
I'm at home. Forgot to answer.

LMAO...that wasn't a "What are you wearing?" type of question..:W

You said you had little confidence in the repair shop. I thought someone on here might be able to guide you to a better shop in the area....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

boba
Explorer
Explorer
I had a similar issue in my mh. it turned out to be a poor connection at the air guage in the dash. the connector is a push to clamp(sorry don't know what they are called but are very prevenlent on air hoses in fish tanks). I clipped the end of the hose and reinserted and that took care of the problem. of course could only hear the leak from inside.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
SuzzeeeQ2012 wrote:
Just talked to my husband, it's now not leaking.
*throws hands up in the air*
I guess that's a good thing, though lol
they can't get us in till tomorrow, so maybe we can figure out what's going on before then.

I'm learning a lot, he already knew about the brakes and how important the pressure is.

Glad to hear your taking the proper precautions....:)

If you want to educate yourself about your air system, click on the link below. Lots of good information.

When was the last time you purged your air tanks? Specifically the front one, if that's where you suspect the air was leaking. Mine is inside the generator compartment on the right side. Call Monaco if you don't know where it is on your coach. Perhaps this valve is not closed completely. Worth a quick check.....Dennis

Air system info for Motor Coaches
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG