Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

96 Monaco Exec Chrome Exhaust Tip

vacuumbed
Explorer
Explorer
Hi guys,
I would like to refurbish my old exhaust tip or get an exact replacement. Monaco shows this item to be obsolete. It did scrape the ground once as shown in the second pic, and the chrome is faded and pitted. No rust to speak of. I will also need a new clamp. This pipe is big! It measures around 4 15/16".

Utah is not known for great exhaust shops. So my options are Salt Lake Chrome, a place that will try to make it perfectly round again at the opening and dip the entire pipe in chrome. They have a $50 minimum, not sure what they will charge me. Or option B, I can find an exhaust shop somewhere in the country and ship them my old tip and have them build an exact new one from scratch. I would just like to get your votes before I make a move. Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

jwmII
Explorer
Explorer
Many truck stops have truck accessory sections in their retail section. You'll find $50.00 to be reasonable. You might want to take the rechrome place up on their offer.
jwmII

vacuumbed
Explorer
Explorer
All good info here, thanks everyone. I'm going to look into Northwest RV supply and see if I can find an OEM.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I you're looking for an exact replacement, give Northwest RV in Oregon a call and send them your picture. I was there last week and they had about a hundred different ones. They bought all of Monaco's stock when they closed the plant in Coburg....Dennis

Northwest RV Supply
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

JetAonly
Explorer
Explorer
I've bought several Gibson chrome tips. They are heavy Chrome and very nice. My latest is highly polished Stainless. It looks as good as the Gibson chrome but doesn't discolor. I use Summit Racing for the parts.
2000 Monaco Dynasty
ISC350

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
First, you have way too much time on your hands. If the lack of chrome on the end bothered me (NOT) I'd cut off the end of the pipe you have and bolt this on. I would angle it down and back at a 45 degree angle instead of straight out.
If you want it straight out then I'd buy this one and cut the down portion off and use your current elbow which is still good.
You could make it look like you have a bigger engine with this one.
PS: your current clamp is still good for another 50,000 miles as you got it off without breaking.
PSS: I'd use the $50 to buy fuel for another 100 miles. :W
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...