Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Word To The Wise on Dometic 310 Toliet Valve

MikeDavies
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all 🙂

Just a tip for all you who have Dometic Toilets with the hokey plastic valve.

We discovered that the flush valve in ours had a slow leak. And I do mean slow. I don't know how long it has been leaking cause we never noticed any water on the floor but I do see some swelling in various spots on the vinyl and trim on the floor.

To save your self some headaches check it from time to time. What we get is just a drop or 2 of water on the bottom of the valve casing.
I also discovered that they shipped the toilet without a clamp for the upper fitting on the hose that runs from the valve to the vacuum breaker. It didn't appear to leak until I started moving the valve around. Never buy another Dometic Toilet.

Thanks
Mike
8 REPLIES 8

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
jrclark wrote:
I installed a clamp on my 310 because I saw it was missing. Therefore, no problem.

I am not a fan of Dometic, I believe their quality is lacking on just about all their products. Also, some of Dometic's products are manufactured by other vendors (such as the Oasis awning). But, will Dometic tell you that when you need a part? They just tell you, "No, we no longer stock spare parts for that item."
They use Lippert for a business model 🙂
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

jrclark
Explorer
Explorer
I installed a clamp on my 310 because I saw it was missing. Therefore, no problem.

I am not a fan of Dometic, I believe their quality is lacking on just about all their products. Also, some of Dometic's products are manufactured by other vendors (such as the Oasis awning). But, will Dometic tell you that when you need a part? They just tell you, "No, we no longer stock spare parts for that item."
2003 Damon Ultrasport 3677

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
That's too bad, because the Dometic 310 was the fix for these Thetfords that stick and flood! 🙂
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

gfs1943
Explorer
Explorer
Our original Thetford in the 2000 Itasca started leaking around the bottom of the upper part of the toilet. Not every flush, but occasionally a bit of water would come out between the bottom of the toilet and the extension plate it sat on. I bought a new toilet and installed it before we put the Itasca up for sale.
gfs1943
USAF, Retired (1962 - 1983)
2006 Monaco Diplomat 40PRQ
2006 Honda CR-V

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Put in a new Thetford in 2/17, flush valve was leaking about two weeks ago.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
I'll check mine. Thetford is just as bad or worse. I replaced my Thetford after 2 years.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
It isn't just Dometic,My Thetford had the same problem. Not caused by winterizing,we don't have to do that in Sunny So Cal.:B

Cheap plastic valve and a small leak that wasn't discovered until I saw a small puddle. Thought it was a bad connection but on further inspection I found that it was leaking thru the side of the flush valve.

It is a good thing to check now and again. One thing nice about the Thetford the valve was easy to replace,just unscrew it and pop the other one in,no need to pull toilet.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Thanks - I will watch it!