cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Atwood leveler problem

kitch251
Explorer
Explorer
06 Phaeton with Atwood levelers which have worked great until today. Returning home to my un-level cement slab, I hit the Auto button and all levelers seem to extend, but quit before leveling the Coach. I cannot get the levelers up or down and a green and red light (side by side) blinks and there is beeping sound. Help!
I called Sue Noyes (the Real Deal at Atwood) and she is out of the office until Friday.
We are headed to Myrtle Beach Sunday so I really need some help.

Thanks in advance.

Jim
7 REPLIES 7

grumpypapa
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it is normal to be able to twist the bolts by hand. I'm glad it worked for you. Jim, it is so nice to get a message from the person that is having a problem what the solution was. Every poster should remember to do this. Thanks

Grumpypapa

kitch251
Explorer
Explorer
Grumpypapa.

Your suggestion worked great for me!! Thanks a ton.
I was surprised however, to find that I could turn the 1/2 inch bolt that manually lowers or raises the jack with my hand. It was not tight at all. Is this normal.
My manual indicate that to manually raise or lower the jacks, you must turn the bolt 500 times to raise or lower the jack one inch!!!!! Ouch.

Again, thanks a million.

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
I turn it off and on again over and over again. I rotate bwetween hitting the extend and retract all. It makes a loud rattle type sound over and over again but eventually frees up and starts working normal again; at least for a while. Good luck
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

kitch251
Explorer
Explorer
No solution yet.

Jim

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
Teacher's Pet wrote:
Check the Tiffin Owners Forum, a lot of discussions on the Atwood Level-legs

He has and I submitted a suggestion there. :W
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Check the Tiffin Owners Forum, a lot of discussions on the Atwood Level-legs
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

grumpypapa
Explorer
Explorer
I've had this problem when just one leveler quits. On the control pad I turn the system off by pushing the on button and then turn off my engine. For the jack where the lights are flashing, I find the nut on the jack that you use to lower or raise the jack manually, and then I twist it around a couple of times, both ways. Then I restart my engine, push the on button and do an all retract.
Then it that works, you should be able to lower them if you want. Good luck