cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

autoformer

joema62
Explorer
Explorer
Would like to know if anybody has experience good or bad with the autoformer unit which protects against low voltage situations in an RV park
9 REPLIES 9

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
smkettner wrote:
I have a 30a Frank's booster. If spending money I would get a Powermaster.

I believe Powermaster took over the Hughes autoformer business.

I have a Hughes VC30 hard wired and have had no problems in 5 years service.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pulled into this park last year and backed into a site.. It was the only site that was "Good for me" but wife was not pleased so she's looking for reasons to vacate and choose another. "you won't like the electricity, she (Indicating another camper) says her voltmeter is always in the red) (and so it was less than 90 volts at the post) I had nice and green on mine however

Hughes 50 amp box hidden in the electrical switch compartment.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
I have a 30a Frank's booster. If spending money I would get a Powermaster.

WayneLee
Explorer
Explorer
I've been using a Hugh's Autoformer for 12 years now. First one was 30 amp which I used up until I bought my current coach, which uses 50 amp service. So, I sold my 30 amp and bought a 50 amp Autoformer. I have a lot of sensitive electronics in my coach and I would not tempt fate by connecting without it. I have had ZERO electrical problems in my coaches through the years.

Wayne Lee
Out West Somewhere

2016 Forest River Sunseeker 3050DS Class C | Hummer H3 dinghy

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is hardwired in because some parks don't allow their use....others sell them; Go figure.
It works silently in the background so I really never know when its working...it just does. I've used it fulltiming for 8 years and I bought it used at a flea market.
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox

JohnnyT
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have had one for 11 years... Use it several times a year.. We are an all electric coach... If we had not had the autoformer we would had to have disconnected from shore power, or risk serious damage.

Ours is the Hughes 50 Amp

JohnnyT
2004 40DS02 Travel Supreme ISL 400
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford F150
M&G Brake & Break Away
Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow bar

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ive had the Autoformer for about 10 years now and really didn't use it much until I joined the "Zone Pass" with Thousand Trails! This is NOT a knock on TT but many of their Parks have older wiring and in many cases Aluminum wire. I now use the Autoformer all the time especially where there is a high demand for air conditioning on old 30 amp pedestals. Has worked Great and does what its suppose to do...I do use it in conjunction with a Surge Guard.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 30 AMP one. Works great !! I never plug in without it. Saved me many times from low voltage Parks and not wired right elect boxes
samsontdog:o:W

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Autoformer in heading posts
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman