Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Dead exhaust brake?

Greetings, new guy here...Recently acquired 2003 Avatar by Jayco diesel pusher. Spartan chassis, Cummins ISC. 46,000 miles. This is our third diesel pusher, so I'm pretty familiar with them. Seems the exhaust brake is inoperative. No response when d...

levelers - which fluid

says I can use mercon v or dexron III .... but when I search trying to find a difference to figure out which one to use I find cautions saying to not mix them.I just want to add some as it is reading low on the dipstick.What's the forum's opinion on ...

Battery pad that inhibits corrosion on the tray

Have any of you heard of a hard cardboard material that sits under the battery and inhibits corrosion on the tray? I remember coming across this type of material on the job when installing stand-by CAT generators, but can't remember the name of comp...

Lighted assist handle

Broke plastic part of the handle on my 2003 Bounder and can't find a replacement anywhere. There are many on the internet, but not the kind on my coach. Each end cap has 4 screws and the handle is angled at both ends. Overall length is 20". Any i...

AC WINDOW UNIT

I am wanting to install a AC window unit and would like to know what size to install. I have 2 13500 BTU rooftop units and want a ac windowunit to help beat the Texas heat. The company we work for supplies 12k generator and the window unit will be pl...

Bolting down new toilet, from 4 bolts to 2 bolts.

Old, low rise toilet has 4 bolt flange, the flange is glued in and non-removable. New high rise toilet has 2 bolts and old flange will not work.I've purchased a new 2 bolt flange with a removable bolt holder. Do you think I can screw a new bolt hol...

5.9L 6TB cummins 12v, Crankshaft

where to find replacement, in so calcummins appears to be back orderedmany weeks lead time for crank or short blockneed crank nowchecked the web, parts numbers and prices way to numerous and wide spread for me to find the correct itemand most of them...

MrWizard by Moderator
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

intermittent starting problem

I have been having a problem with starting out itasca motorhome at times. We have a 99 itasca based on a freightliner chassis and cummins isb engine. We have a battery disconnect so I can disconnect the batteries when in storage or sitting a long tim...

ottersea by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Campground for Udvar-Hazy

I want to visit the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center (Air Museum) near Dulles Airport. I am driving a 45 foot DP with tow car. Is there parking there that can accommodate me for the day? Also, where is the nearest big-rig friendly RV park?

MRUSA by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

BATTERIESFOR HOUSE

I need to replace my 6 volt house batteries that will not hold a charge. Do I go with wet cell or maintianance free and what is the best battery? Thanks for your help, JB

Advanced Rv

Did any one get a good look at the Advanced RV at B Rally?Comments pro/con?

thejsofa by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

New Sunseeker 2500

Looking for some input from owners of Forest River Sunseekers. We have downsized from an Itasca 34ft Meridian DP to a 2013 25ft Sunseeker, Ford chassis. We had to due to our senior lab having had a stroke last year and going up into the bigger rig i...

BFSLINC by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes