Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Cat Diesel engine temp

Hello all. I have a 36’ diesel pusher with a 275hp cat engine. Also I’m pulling a small car on a tow dolly. It’s mid July and I’m moving through Texas headed to indiana. This is my first run in 90+ ambient temps. I am noticing my temp gauge moving f...

Licreek by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

wheel cut

I have been reading a bit about the front wheel cut (either 45 or 55 degrees?) and was wondering if there is a quick easy way for me to find out what mine is?2004 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 37PCT with the F53 chassis.Thoughts?

mikemc53 by Explorer II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Outside stove vent flap

I recently purchased a used 2016 23' Jayco Red Hawk Class C motorhome. My question is how do you open the flap to the stove hood cover vent on the outside of the RV?

Best Born Free replacement

A real shame Born Free went under. I was looking forward to one of their 27' Ford 450 diesel version RV. Anybody make a comparable RV? Thank you.

ARTSBEST by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

insulation

We have a 2012 gas motorhome and the cabinets over the dash get very hot in the summer. I have thought about putting insulation board in them to try and alleviate the heat some. Was wondering if anyone else has done anything like this and if it worke...

jkmac408 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Violent tire blow out messed up my rig

I have a 1993 30ft class a fleetwood coronado on a p30 chassis. Im super on top of maintenance and safety but on the way back from my last trip a rear inner tire blew out and mangled the under storage cabinets. It literally blew the doors clean off. ...

Moving overhead tv to floor cabinet

Looking for advise on tv power controller, is it necessary to move to base cabinet or can I plug into and run power to the tv. Don't understand the three low voltage wires coming from the controller? One for the auto off of the tv but the other two?A...

RV window awning

Hey guys I want to get awnings for my Windows, I have four I want to buy for and they are 55” each, frame included. Should I buy 5’ (60”) or 5.5’ (65”) awnings?Thanks!

cm2785 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Generator shuts off while driving

Asking for a friend. He has a 05 travel supreme diesel pusher. Generator works fine as long as he's sitting, but as soon as he tries to drive off it shuts itself off. Thanks

RNRC by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Cummins 8.9 ISL problems

I have a 2005 Holiday Rambler Endeavor with a Cummins 8,9 ISL 400hp with an Allison 6 speed transmission with 57,000 miles on it. I bought it new and have always performed the basic routine maintenance on it. Oil change, filters, coolant flush, etc. ...

mxdad777 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Tag axle questions

We're looking at a new 2019 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 44H. It's a tag axle. I know it lifts but not one where the wheels move with the turn to help steer and not drag. To my knowledge anyway. Is there a problem with tight turns? Do you need to lift the...

et2 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Ok who's got a big one??

Title for attention. About a month ago I picked up a 1999 bounder. I believeis either a 34 or 36. Been fixing a few things here and thereso i haven't driven it very much.I've had 22',and 30' but never one this long. Went to the gas station and while ...

lamoz1 by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes