Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Winnebago Vista LX 27N

Think I just bought a 2015 27N with under 15k miles. We went and drove it this evening and checked it over pretty good. The rattles going down a rough dirt road were just a few loose things in the galley that need battened down. We started out lookin...

Rear slide stuck out

Hey gange, my small slide on the rear drivers side is stuck out and I cannot seem to get anything to work to get it in. Its the type that has cables & the motor & chain mechanism. I can reach the end of the motor and it seems to spin freely, but it’s...

How to wash and wax/polish a Class C/fiberglass exterior

Hi all: I am a 1st time RV owner. I have a Class C 2014 Itasca Spirit motorhome. We bought it used from a dealership in AZ and dove it up to AK. It had a nice shine to the exterior when we bought it, but when got home and I washed it with a press...

plyford by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Lazy Daze Class C

Have a chance to purchase this motor home. Have heard that Lazy Daze is one of the best manufacturers out there. Really quality production. What do you think? Of course would have my mechanic look it over for anything major before putting down any mo...

Extension found in Onan 5500 generator compartment

I own a 2000 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 35. Exploring in the generator compartment I found a small pouch. Contained in the pouch was a long cord with a 120 amp connector. Can anyone tell me what that is used for? Also, in the bedroom main control ...

AC issues on a summer vacation

Hi All,We are on our way to Cheyenne WY for the rodeo, currently in Raton NM. Suddenly the AC only has 1 speed, low, and is not blowing much air. The air is cold, but the compressor is not cycling off and on. I had a similar issue last month. At that...

gja1000 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

First Timer - Gulf Stream Crescendo

We are jumping in with both feet. Currently in the process of purchasing a 2006 Gulf Stream Crescendo with a Cat 350 and only 20K miles on it. The generator has 1356 hours. Anything I should be on the lookout for? The previous owner (and the orig...

Yokohama Tires?

It's time to put new tires on our Class A Diesel Pusher, so we're getting quotes. We've been quite happy with the Bridgestones that are currently on it, but we've been quoted a much lower price for Yokohamas that the tire shops rep thinks are just a...

Bar fridge in storage compartment of a gasser????

I've tried researching this topic but haven't found any relevant posts. I'm considering trying to install a small bar fridge in one of the awning side storage compartments. I know it may be a little tight due to the restricted height of compartments ...

scbwr by Explorer II
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Ride/handling upgrade - E450 / 158" wheelbase

Am I correct on my thinking ? I would think with the correct alignment, rear Sumo's for ride plus the rear sway bar would be a good bang for the buck and should offer the E450 a decent ride and crosswind/bow wave control. RE caster : Due t...

bobndot by Explorer II
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Storage Door Gas Struts

I know this has to be on the site, but after many searches I can't seem to find it. I have a 2005 Pace Arrow, I need to replace some of the storage door shocks, but I can't figure what pound rating I should get. They come in anything from 20lb to 1...

Alxcook by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

1996 F53 Radiator hose search not going well

Does anyone have ANY part numbers for the upper and lower radiator hoses for the 1996 Ford F53 stripped motorhome chassis? I have come up with zero results in this area (including with the local Ford dealership) Turns out there are major difference...

Alternator discharging!

2002 Itasca Horizon DP 5.9 Cummins.420 Watts SolarMagnum 2 KW pure sinewave inverter/chargerSC 230 30 A Solar controllerTrimetric TM 2030 Monitor500A shunt4 GC House Batteries2 Group 31 "Marine Deep Cycle" Chassis batteriesXantrex Echo Charger (Charg...

Bedroom slide not working

Good morning.My bedroom slide won't open. It is an 06 Damon Daybreak. The last time I opened it I thought it sounded a little different. Now if I push the switch I can hear a click. but nothing happens. It is in the closed, in position so I shouldn't...