Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Class C Trailer Towing Capacity

I know there are a ton of discussions on this but i searched the sticky thread on towing and all the info. was from 2004. Please feel free to direct me to other threads if needed. I would love to hear from anyone who has gone down this road.We are ...

Emergency 4 way Flashers

I have a 1996 Georgie Boy Cruise Master on a Chevrolet P-30 chassis.My directional lights and brake lights work fine, but the 4-way lights do not flash, only stay on. I have tried to locate a second flasher but have not found one. The directional lig...

Outside Propane Connection??

I just bought a brand new 33' Winnie Minnie. It has a small door that reveals an outside propane connection, supposedly so I can hook up a camp stove outside. In reading reviews on stoves (such as the RoadTrip model, etc.), it says you CAN'T conne...

Cooling fan dust problems.

I just bought a 2000 country coach diesel pusher. The cooling fan blows air against the block/pan & goes straight down. If I'm in a dusty area so much dust blows up I can hardly see behind my coach, even at idle. Has anyone had the same problem, & fo...

1991 granville motor home

Im looking at purchasing a 1991 granville motor home; during the test drive the engine stopped and and had no electric to the started The next day all was fine again and seems to be working as expected. I see a sign on the dash that warns about a fu...

A&E Awning advice requested...

My 20' A&E 858EV20 8500 is coming apart at the upper seam and wondered what you folks think of just replacing it for a Carefree by Colorado?Here's one of the seam tears repaired with Awning repair tape...it's lasted several months now.Than recently, ...

Jim by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Buying Cruise America Rental Units

Has anyone recently purchase one of the Cruise America former Rental Units? I know they are high mileage and, just like former rental cars, you never know how they have been driven. Also am aware they are bare bones - but for the price you can add a...

Roof top AC units

Need to replace my roof top Duo-Therm 13500 btu with heat strip ac units on my 06 Newnar Mountain Aire. Please advise on quality brands that are a direct replacement.I will be doing both units so do I change the 5 button controller also.

JCMack by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Sealant to use on painted metal van body

I have an older camper van E-150 and want to reseal some of the metal vents and covers on the side of the van. The vents and covers are screwed down to the body using what appear to be sheet metal type screws with hex heads.I want to replace all the...

Andonso by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Moped rack

I have a 24-foot class C motor home, which I am taking cross country. I would like to bring my 50 cc moped (200#) I am looking at a “tilt-a-rack” carrier. Has anyone had experience with this? I should say that I am in my 70’s and although I will hav...

valderee by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Water Filter Woes

I finally found the water filter behind an access panel in the rear storage bay of our Jayco Greyhawk ME. It is very inconvenient as you have to lay on your side to remove it. I've tried to use the spanner wrench to unscrew the filter housing, but no...

Adding Roof Air

In my 2008 Sprinter Van, I have added a dinette booth, TV, small microwave and use a small heater when needed .. I usually stay at RV parks and run a flat Ext cord thru the back doors. I'm wanting to add roof air that I can plug in to electricity, ...

Rusty stovetop repair

Hello,I have an older 88 Class-B camper van with a stove top. frig, sink and converter.The stove top is a Wedgewood W7103 three burner.Listed in Atwood Range Service Manual http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/atwoodrange.pdfBurners work fine and appear h...

Andonso by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Who's towing a small travel trailer with their Sprinter van?

My wife and I are looking ahead to just the two of us traveling now that our kids are pretty much grown. You can see what we currently have. I hated towing because it was so difficult to get to places I liked to go (back country). I bought the Ple...

CSG by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes