cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best, cheap Insurance

balfre1946
Explorer
Explorer
Any recommendations for good, cheap insurance for our 2010 Fiesta Fleetwood Class A 36A?
24 REPLIES 24

trutone
Explorer
Explorer
Try AARP Hartford if you can. They were the cheapest for us by quite a bit.

joeprinter
Explorer
Explorer
I have Geico, (insured by Foremost) but Geico sells the contract, excellent service an price. I even have full timers insurance through them, an was cheaper than regular RV insurance from the others.
"2012 Forest River 360 DS"
"Ford V-10"
"2013 Toyota Corolla on Tow Dolly"

Daboo
Explorer
Explorer
cheap insurance is an oxymoron
Served proudly 1957-1965..U.S. Air Force

workhardplayha1
Explorer
Explorer
balfre1946 wrote:
this has been really unhelpful

Any insurance can give you a cheap policy by gutting the coverage. I have teen drivers and have searched for cheaper insurance than what I have through one of the big insurance companies. I found I could save a few hundred bucks going to a smaller company or gutting the policy of my current insurer. To me the few hundred dollar savings was not worth it. Remember is you have a minimal policy you could personally be paying a claim that exceeds the coverage of your policy.

When I was in construction I use to tell my customers that construction work can be good, fast or cheap- pick which 2 you want. If they said cheap I sent them to my competitor.

reubenray
Explorer
Explorer
I have quotes from BlueSky, Progressive, Geico and GMAC. The best quote is BlueSky with the $1,000 deductible. They have an item called "Dimishing Deductible Express" that lowers the deductible in half for each year with no claims. The difference between BlueSky and Progressive (next lowest quote) is $457. The deductible on the Progessive quote is $250 and it also has the "disappearing deductible".

But one thing has been confused. The BlueSky quote is based off of my selling price (best deal) plus tax and tags. The Progressive one is based off of the MSRP (I think). I want to make sure I am comparing apples to apples.
2017 Newmar Ventana LE4037
2016 Chevy Equinox

Gottahaveit
For what it's worth...you can't beat Progessive for your RV and Motorcycles, atv's etc. Discount for Multi helps as well.
40ft Mandalay Quad Slide
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
Just go to the internet and look for RV insurance. That is what I just done because I noticed that the insurance I had before had gone up some. So I ended up going through AARP The Hartford Insurance. Being an AARP member and insuring my four other automobiles with them saved me lots of money.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

my996duc1
Explorer
Explorer
State Farm for me at $600 a year.
This is with a $100 deductible for Comprehensive and a $500 deductible for Collision. Obviously if I raise the deductibles I could probably get a lower rate.

Have had a great history with State Farm stepping up to the plate and taking care of business when I needed them too.

_
2007 Coachmen Cross Country 354MBS
2005 LJ Rubicon Sahara

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
the way I found to be best is to list the coverages you want, then e mail it to 5 or 6 different companies. Let them compete for your business. It helps if you haven,t had any claims in several years and a good driving record.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

emzee
Explorer
Explorer
We have State Farm for all our autos and motorhome. We did get quotes from Good Sam because we have them for roadside service and extended warranty for the motorhome. I thought they would be cheaper but they ended up being about $900-1000 more. I hear Mercury is good but don't know about their coverage for motorhomes-RV's. I do need to get some quotes again though; I think it's good to shop around from time to time.

RedG
Explorer
Explorer
I just recently got some quotes through Poliseek.com for my 2005 Newmar.
GMAC wanted $2189 a year, Progressive wanted $2900 a year, National Interstate wanted $1000 a year. I have AARP Hartford with my autos and got it for $722 a year from them. Progressive was 4X as high as Hartford.
2005 Newmar Dutch Star 4024 DP 370 Cummins
Towing my 2012 Malibu w/Blue Ox towbar & Patriot brake system

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Good fast cheap. Pick any two...you can have any two, but not the third.
2014 American Eagle

Aridon
Explorer
Explorer
Call around. Couple of independent agents and geico should have you covered.

Insurance is personal, varies state to state and person to person wildly.
2019 Grand Design Momentum 395
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10

2014.5 DRV Atlanta (sold)

2008 Newmar 4330 (Modified) Sold

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
You can buy insurance "by the pound" at Progressive. Just tell them how much you want to pay and they'll tell you how much they'll cover. LIke others have said though, Either your definition of 'good' is different or your definition of cheep is different but generally they don't belong in the same sentence.
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population