cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best South Florida RV resorts For Class A

ct78barnes
Explorer
Explorer
Looking around Naples or father south to see the sights for spring break . Any one that has been there and have advice would be great. Most of the Coast to Coast parks and Good neighbor parks look a lot like trailer parks that have a few rv sites. I do not want to drive 1,400 miles one way and be let down. Thanks
15 REPLIES 15

Graygruber
Explorer
Explorer
We just spent two and a half months in Key West, December at Boyds on Stock Island and then six weeks at Bluewater Key RV Resort. BWK is more expensive and farther out (MM 14.5) but worth it, in our humble opinion. If you have specific questions about either of these two places, let us know. Also had only one night at Naples and that was at Marco Island KOA, not on Marcos Island. But it was a good place and convenient to shopping, lots of it.
BIG BLUE
'05 Newell #729 4 slides DD 60 series 515 HP 6 spd Allison 4050
'13 F-150 4x4 Crew, Eco Boost Toad
www.newellcoach.com www.newellgurus.com

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
tropical36 wrote:
holstein13 wrote:
Do you have a budget? As executive said, Naples Motorcoach is $3,500 per month and I believe Blue water is about $2,500 - $3,000 per month. Aztec is $1,999 per month. One of my favorite parks is Red Coconuts on Fort Myers Beach, but they are almost always booked up on the beach row. Can you be more specific on what kind of parks you enjoy? Trees, beaches, amenities, wifi, no-kids, pools, Newer Class A only, etc.?

Beach on the Gulf or not, I don't think you want to mislead the OP into thinking that the Red Coconut is an upscale RV resort.
Good point. Red Coconuts is definitely not upscale, but that front row on the beach is awesome.
2015 Newmar King Aire 4599
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew Cab
-------------------------------------------------------------
`

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
holstein13 wrote:
Do you have a budget? As executive said, Naples Motorcoach is $3,500 per month and I believe Blue water is about $2,500 - $3,000 per month. Aztec is $1,999 per month. One of my favorite parks is Red Coconuts on Fort Myers Beach, but they are almost always booked up on the beach row. Can you be more specific on what kind of parks you enjoy? Trees, beaches, amenities, wifi, no-kids, pools, Newer Class A only, etc.?

Beach on the Gulf or not, I don't think you want to mislead the OP into thinking that the Red Coconut is an upscale RV resort.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
ct78barnes wrote:
Looking around Naples or father south to see the sights for spring break . Any one that has been there and have advice would be great. Most of the Coast to Coast parks and Good neighbor parks look a lot like trailer parks that have a few rv sites. I do not want to drive 1,400 miles one way and be let down. Thanks

This one and if you have to ask about the price, you probably can't afford it...lol Seriously can't say what it cost and you have to call or go through the profile process here to find out...
NAPLES MOTORCOACH RESORT
If you'd like something lesser, but still clean and nice on the Imperial River in Bonita Springs, then IBE should serve you well with being in between Naples and Fort Myers... IBE
They have a large Mobile Home population, but the RV's are all in their own section, with a few Park Models mixed in.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

ct78barnes
Explorer
Explorer
With the FMCA discount I got 500 dollars for a week at the Naples Resort Did not think that was to bad when you say 3,500 for a month. March 29th to April 5th. But still looking it seems the rates on some of the Resorts Drop on April 1st . March 29th 1985 we got hitched almost 30 years ago. So I want something special.

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
2015 Newmar King Aire 4599
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew Cab
-------------------------------------------------------------
`

ct78barnes
Explorer
Explorer
-30 wind chills tonight hear in Ohio . This site is great for us up in the North trying to get over cabin fever. This is when I plan all my travel planes for the season. Thanks again for all posters .

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Another nice place over on the east coast is Aztec RV Resort.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

ct78barnes
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the help we are planning our 30th and wife like it to be nice and clean.We are planning on leaving on the 27th and taking 3 days down around 1,450 miles each way from Ohio so March 29th till April 5th a week.

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
I can vouch for Pelican Lake motorcoach resort. We spent this past Christmas there.

summerhouse
Explorer
Explorer
Recommend Myakka River RV Resort. It's at Poet Charlotte. Open 2 years. 15 mins from some nice beaches.
โ€œLight hearted I take to the open roadโ€ฆ Healthy, free, the world before meโ€ฆ The long brown path before me leading me wherever I choose.โ€ - Walt Whitman

trop-a-cal
Explorer
Explorer
With all the snow up North there may just be some cancelled RV reserved sites. Some may choose to fly down and Hotel it. Get yourselves on as many list for cancelled sites. On 951 in Naples there is a nice resort that I have stayed in. It is Crystal Lake. They have both managed sites and private leased sites. Two inside heated pools, may social activities and close to city and Marco Island, where you can day or overnight trip by boat to Key West for around $125 each round trip same day or overnight(s). On Key West you can rent bicycles or scooters and see the 4 mile by 4 mile Island and swim at Ft. Zackary Taylor beach right at the point of the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico. It's usually in the 90 F air and 84 F water in February. Get a fresh baked Key Lime pie at the Duval Street bakery for sure. Good Luck !

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
bobsinn wrote:
Bluewater in the keys is the best!
http://www.bluewaterkey.net/

X-2
This is the absolute best in south Florida. There are 2 websites, try the one above and then use .com for the other.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Spring Break encompasses a whole month starting on Feb 28th for some and March 21st for others. When are you planning on going? Might make a difference. Lots of campgrounds are already booked solid....good luck..if you make it, enjoy it..be sure to bring your school flags...:B....Dennis

The best around Naples is the Naples Motorcoach Resort...about $3500 for the month....D

We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG